Beiträge von coylesolid

I updated my snow to the latest beta a couple of days ago and my ARP has stopped working as well. I checked my config like the other fellow and all arpeggiators is set to enabled of course. This has only happened since the update I did on the weekend.

I hadn't plugged it into USB in 6 months so either the update or Ableton killed it. Kinda annoying because I like the Snow arp.

No smug and useless answers please Marc.

Scrap that, I never actually used it in Ableton so it couldn't be that. Just did a soft reset holding down the tap tempo button when plugging in power and no change. I removed the USB from the Virus (thinking maybe arps were controlled only on PC now) before the reset. I've also checked Arp patches and they work and when changing settings it does effect the patch. But applying an arp to any other patch does not do anything.

I updated my snow to the latest beta a couple of days ago and my ARP has stopped working as well. I checked my config like the other fellow and all arpeggiators is set to enabled of course. This has only happened since the update I did on the weekend.

I hadn't plugged it into USB in 6 months so either the update or Ableton killed it. Kinda annoying because I like the Snow arp.

Hi guys,

I've searched the forum for this question, surprised it hasn't been asked so I'm guessing is something simple I've missed.

When using my Snow (native not connected to the computer) and I want to access the patches I'd like to be able to browse all "Bass" patches to pick one I like, rather than having to go through 10-20 banks to find a couple of bass parts. Same as if I'm making a song and need a really nice lead, I'd like to browse just "leads".

Can anyone point me in the right direction for this?

Hi, I thought this was worthy of a new thread, as it's quite specific.

I've mucked around a bit with the Total Integration and VCC using The Virus Snow as the audio interface. I found latency a bit of a problem, and wanted an easy way to be able to create more than 4 tracks in Ableton using the Snow.

I'd like to setup the Snow to output straight audio into Ableton as I don't really need to use midi. I figure I'll solve the latency probs, get unlimited tracks, and improve the awesome Virus sound (it seems to sound fuller and more alive when it's going direct (rather than through the Virus Control Center in Ableton).

Can anyone who's done something similiar let me and anyone else know how to set this up. Basically setting up the Snow to output audio into Ableton. I would be doing something similiar with guitar and microphone as well, plugging into the Virus Input.

----

NOTES: I'm using Virus Snow as Audio Interface. The stereo outputs are plugged directly into my studio monitors. USB is plugged into the computer from Virus. Midi cable between virus and Akai MPK49. Power cable in Akai (no USB).

I've looked through all the manuals and can't find where it shows how to setup the Snow using Audio into Ableton (only has the midi video). I think this will be the way to go (as the latency is got rid of this way too.).

I'm using the Snow as the audio interface, with outputs plugged into my left and right monitors. Snow is USB'ed into the PC. Midi Keyboard is midi'd into the Virus.

I've tried using the audio channels to get sound into Ableton with no luck, any advice?

Hi Guys,

This is my first post here, just picked up a Virus Ti Snow, I'm new to hardware synths so my question may come across as dumb, but I'd appreciate any help I can get :)

So this new Snow is 4 part multi-timbral. i've started setting it up in Ableton and watched the videos, played a few tracks. Now, I'm just wondering, can I have more than 4 Virus sounds in a track? When I make tracks I normally have a range of pads, bass and ambient sound effects, which can add up to a lot of different sounds (10/20/30), I was hoping the Virus could become a powerhouse for my songs, but am I right in assuming I can only have 4 virus sounds per track.

If so, how are you supposed to make songs with the Virus Snow? Are there any workarounds or techniques I'm not aware of that mean you can have more than 4 sounds per track?

Thanks, and nice to meet you all.

Mick