Beiträge von prokaion

I´am the only one with that installer problem?
    Anyway i found a solution (nah, lets say workaround)
    As i said the installer freezes on my machine right after creating shortcuts and copying. I have to stop it per taskmanager.
    This time i watched the processlist carefully and saw that there are three msiexec processes running while installing. None of them stopped when i ended the installer per taskmanager.
    So this time i killed each of the msi - processes and this helped. the files were no longer deleted after reboot.

maybe this helps someone with similar problems.

Hello!

Since two or three days i ran into severe problems with cubase 5 and virus Ti2 plugin.

History:
    I made an update to Ti OS 4.5.3 three weeks before. The install process was difficult. It ran til the point of creating shortcuts and seems to freeze after clicking ok to the dialog where it said "turn on your virus now to install the software suite" or similar. So i had to kill the process.
    I ran the virus Control Center and it says there is an update and this way it worked.
    Everything worked fine until three days ago.

Something (maybe cubase) deletes the access folder with the virusTi.dlls randomly.
    copying the dlls into the folder again leads sometimes to blacklisting the virus.dlls.
    removing the blacklist.xml did not help. It was inserted again.

reinstalling (updating) virus TI software helps sometimes but then after restart the computer one of three things

happen:

1) cubase says "virus connections could not be found."(In projects where it was used)
    when loading a new instance of virus in a NEW project the Virus control says there is a version mismatch and i have to update.

or
    2) access folder is removed from vstPlugins. (sometimes even the program/access folder)

or
    3) virus not found (then its blacklisted by cubase).

So it starts all over again!

This is a severe issue for me since the virus is active in all projects i have. I worked with it for 1 1/2 years now

and i never had problems like this.

I have no explanation why this happens now, since the 4.5.3 version worked about 3 weeks without problems.
    Nonetheless there is no way to complete the installation process normal. It freezes always, i have to kill the
    process. The installation seems ok anyway...

Except the few times it crashes my computer completely. :(

OS Windows 7 64bit
    cubase 5.5.3 32 bit
    virus ti OS 4.5.3

Anyone with similar experiences?

Hi!
    reconsidering this thread:
    http://virus.info/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=1655

Is there anyone without problems recording the arpeggio as midi notes? Or any chance that this will get fixed?

So far i can record the arp notes only when first starting the sequencer, then pressing the notes and then pressing record. The notes are then recorded about 1/32 too late but anyway, better then nothing...

pressing another note while recording is a mess, lots of overlapping notes and pieces of them cutted into 128tel or so.

This is on cubase 5.

Cheers
    prokaion

Ok, hrm, reinstalling through Virus Control center solved the problem for now, yesterday i was really upset..
    But this is a lot of action, took about 20 -25 minutes the whole reinstall (and backup before etc), i hope this wont happen too often!

heckmat
    bandwith is exactly 73%

do you mean it helps to open cubase and put VC in the Instrument-panel, and then open your project?

thanks for now

prokaion

this is the second time it happens...i work for a while on a track in cubase. then i try to open on the next day and virus control does not start properly. it says:
    "midi driver failed or is not properly installed. this may happen if you have too many usb devices installed. Also try to install the virus software again."

the ti has a pci usb interface alone (nothing else connected to it). All other cubase tracks work normally, only all saved versions of the track have this strange error.
    Since this is the second track where this happens, i really start to get somewhat annoyed! It seems to be just a matter of time, then it might happen again! In this way i cannot work with the virus.
    i bought a dedicated usb card only for the virus, the track seems to be lost...
    Anyone else with this error or any experience what to do?

BTW: the strange behaviour i described in my other posts is still there, it just dont annoys me enough to post it here until today. The only thing i got through the dedicated usb card is that i could use a lower buffer-size. (But i dont use that anyway because this eats too much cpu)
    this really starts to hurt!
    loosing whole tracks is really a bit too much to tolerate!
    HELP! ;(
    prokaion

Muarrharrhar! What is this? I sit here for about 30 minutes to get this working searching through the net... And it seems to be true, can get it running on channel 3 but not on channel 2...
    8o
    what is this for a crazy idea? seems to work only on odd channels... Odd Idea!

PS:
    the result of recording are lots of overlapping notes many out of time, so i have to edit this crap for another hour, and beside this i have to switch off "arp note send" off afterwards, because the virus does play stuff from another channel ...
    not much fun!

first, let me thank you for your advice! :)

today i bought an usb pci-card. I was a bit in doubt if pci or pci-express since the pci-bus just runs on that good old 33Mhz. Wouldnt that be a bottleneck?
    But the seller even did not had a PCIe card so i tried simple pci. Everything was like you said. I can now run the pure 128 buffer-size(but this eats my cpu in the song... :S ), the used bandwith showed 73%.
    the issue with twin mode might be also solved (have to surveill it for a while). The thing is one has to put the lfo-phase in unison in lfo to zero (middle) AND press the mono button on the lfo which modulates the filter. Complicated stuff.. sometimes i wish to have a more in depth documentation about the inner life of the virus... ;) what for example does the filter link button mean? is it not the same as cutoff link? have to figure it out still. its not even mentioned in the reference manual....

ok, thank you a lot again
    kind regards
    prokaion

did 128 + safety buffer option...
    it will take a while to see if something has changed..

But-
    the strange behaviour of the Twin-mode mentioned earlier is still there, when i switch twin mode of, cutoff behaviour is as expected, but in twin mode...hm still strange!

P.S. 128 buffer without safety buffer doesnt work. cubase tries to start and stops, crackles and thats it... :|
    btw: how is the latency thing and cpu-load if one has a nice soundcard and doesnt need to use the virus as soundcard?

Hello, I want to report some issues regarding the virus TI2 used in cubase5.5.

This is what i´m using.
    virus ti2 polar
    asus p7p 55d mb
    i5 750 processor
    windows 7 64 bit
    cubase 5.5

maybe i´m doing things wrong, i´m not certain, i made a long pause in the sequencer, vst, synth domain
    and i dont know cubase very well (i came from logic..) :)

the virus currently works as soundcard in my system.

1) when working on a track where virus is playing lets say about 5 to 6 different parts after a while it plays
    the notes of one sound very short as if one had shorten the decay-times and set sustain to zero.
    Also while playing a melo with some lfo mod on cuttof using TWIN-MODE the left channel plays randomly notes on a
    very high cutoff when it should be very low...

2) there are relatively often midi note hangups while working with cubase. Sometimes this even starts when cubase
    is not running, while i´m eating, making a coffee or something like that...

Until now i feel the overall behaviour of this "total integration" thing is a little bit strange...
    maybe i need to get used to it, or this is all about the 64 bit thing?
    (My good old reaktor-plugin for example is practically not usable in cubase, crashes it completely after a while. ;( )

Anyone with similar experiences and/or some hints about it?

Cheers
    prokaion

thanks, it works!
    i do not really understand why, but ok...
    I have to choose "6-Virus TI Synth" (in cubase5.5) as midi input.
    dont know what the heck the 6 means and all the options i also dont understand: "Virus TI MIDI, VirusTI Synth, 6-Virus TI MIDI, 6-Virus TI Synth".

But well, now it works... :)