Beiträge von soundoffear

Your product is amazing, hands down. It really blows anything else Ive ever used out of the water. Its the unpredictability and depth makes it utterly indispensable.

Its also a nightmare to use. I would hate to think of all the time I have lost due to it starting to crackle, or becoming unresponsive, or losing sync. I only use it personally as Its far to unreliable to bring into a session, and what a shame that is. Im sure so many people I've worked with would of wanted one had I been able to use it, and studios is where you best marketing should happen. I see it every day and Im sure you guys know that.

Im not writing this to complain, I've worked within limitations of many machines, but what I would like to know is this going to be the limitation of you machine? Is the driver asking things of a computer that just isn't possible? You only have to glance at the forums to see that there is a problem, are you guys acknowledging this? Ive been through USB hubs, conditioned power, short run cables etc. Ive tried it on various machines, various OS's various various various.

Im sure there are other people who would never consider bringing it into a session, and this has got to be really hurting you.

IT works fantastically stand alone, are the driver issues unsolvable? I would happily pay a few hundred quid for a driver push that solved this once and for all.

All the best & thanks for the wonderful synth.

Neil

What is your setup? DO you have a lot of powered items from various USB's...e.g soundcards, controllers etc?

Even thought the Virus is externally powered enough of a power drain can cause problems. I experienced a lot of noise for the analogue outputs at one stage when I was powering a soundcard and cotroller from the computer. Sourcing power externally for these got rid of the problems for me.

Also, what virus do you have? The more recent ones are +4dbU on the outputs, so whatever you are plugging the virus into should be set at +4dBu reference. Getting this wrong could also cause problems.

Hello All,

I am wondering if anyone can provide a little advice. I am trying to get sync via midi clock ( sent from Apple Mainstage ).

The Virus seems to have no trouble discerning the tempo but cannot lock to the beats. So while the tempo is the same the bars & beats or in 'different' positional space.

I am looking to try and use midi clock as a halfway house to sync, as TI is to buggy for live use.

I have uploaded an audio file of what I mean : http://soundcloud.com/soundoffear/virus-out-of-sync

One is the click, the other is the virus. As you can hear, same tempo, different bar/beat positions. :(.

I have also ruled out any latency as a possible issue.

Any help would be much appreciated.