Beiträge von Mindfields

Working here too.

Installtion was fine

Except i also have the GUI mistakes.

And i have one other problem!

The LED for +2 on the ocatave selector, is always lit, not completely lit, but only half, and the light is not steady.

as i recall i have had this problem before in a 3.xxx beta??

I am not sure i recall it right though. otherwise i am looking forward to using the new features!

My system: win7 x64

P.S. i can also comfirm that the old known problem Win7 slow gui problem is still here.

best regards
    Jakob

Hello

One thing that i thought was a bit annoying was that i could not place the virus control presets/template folder on another location.

Especially when using Win7, it could not read the new location for "My Documents", and always putted it in "C:\Users.." which is not my mirrored drive.

But then i came up with an idea to make a symlink to another folder:

Using this http://www.howtogeek.com/howto…ymlinks-in-windows-vista/ Guide i created symlink for both preset and remote template folders.
    the reason for not just linking to the Virus TI folder, was that i for some reason, was unable to delete the "C:\Users...\Virus TI" folder, which is required to make a symlink instead.

this was my commands, it is pretty straight forward:

mklink /d "C:\Users\Mindfields\Documents\Access Music\Virus TI\Patches" "E:\Audio\Presets & Expansions\Virus TI\Yum Kaax\Patches"
    mklink /d "C:\Users\Mindfields\Documents\Access Music\Virus TI\Remote Templates" "E:\Audio\Presets & Expansions\Virus TI\Yum Kaax\Remote Templates"

- Jakob

http://www.YumKaax.dk
    Yum Kaax - Downbeat + Progressive Psytrance

My installation stopped at about 30 % when trying to update the Virus.

It looks like it never got started, as the virus was still on the update mode boot page.
    havent had time to try again

Running Windows 7 Ultimate RTM, and even tho the installer always have come with the message that it is not supported. All versions i have tried have worked (since 3.0.22 or something like that).
    but 3.1.0.0 gives me problems with the USB Driver.
    When i start my ableton it says "Audio driver failed" .. then i have to shutdown the virus and start it again. Causing the virtual midi in/synth to fail, and only the VST is working.

Gonna try again tomorrow

btw. couldnt get the forum working in firefox, so i had to switch back to IE :(
    Firefox says it is not logged in even though it is