Beiträge von johnwylie

its probably a stretch to expect that precisely, but some alternative waveforms and filter emulation algorithms and good patch programming could make for some authentic sounding sounds.

I disagree an analog synth always sounds better than a virus, but more basic and raw sounding and often a hotter signal. Synths like the minimoog and its filter can sound warm and creamy with an almost distorted like quality, is that what you are after?

I think some new and fresh reverb algorithms would be great.

References:

Strymon Bigsky Pedal
    Valhalla Room VST Plugin
    Valhalla Shimmer
    Spire VST Synth

Interesting sidenote about Spire, is that I checked in an oscilloscope plug-in and the raw square and saw waveforms are exact same shape as the Virus TI2 and just tweaking the volume levels to match sound identical (its not a straight saw or square wave), the plate reverb it has sounds nice and reminds me of the Valhalla plugins. I was looking for the same kind of thing in the Virus so would be good to have this in the hardware.

Regarding sequencing:

I saw from another post that note sequencing was possible using the arp and matrix routing, but would be nice if this was a bit more easier to use and if there were multiple sequencers as pages that extend the arp (arp2, arp3, arp4 etc).

References:

Nexus2 - sequencer ease of use
    Massive - multiple sequenced modulators
    Rob Papen Blue - mod sequencer, arp and step sequencer with each step controlling multiple things

Love the Virus, love the fact that software updates keep coming and they support the user base, so great to see some of this stuff if possible.

Keep up the good work guys!

:P