Beiträge von zikerstu

Any idea what could cause every other voice in an Indigo 2 to be out of tune? Some sounds are octaves lower than what they should be according to the transpose page on the screen. Some voices could be brought back in tune by adjusting the transpose to irregular settings. Ex: the original saved sound was saved with the transpose at +12 but now adjusted to +14 to make it in tune again. Other sounds had to be transposed to +42 when it was set at +24. What a freakin nightmare huh? Any ideas?

-Stu

I wasn't able to acheive the goal in single mode so I created another single voice for the hi-hat effect. I basically ended up with a machine gun style hi-hat because of the arpegiation but it's almost tolerable. I can still adjust the filters on the fly without affecting the hi-hat as well, which is pretty cool. Thanks again! -Stu

Thank you so much FlabberBob! I will give that a try, this will most definitely help me to understand more about the Virus's abilities & depth! I'll keep ya posted as to how it turns out everyone as my band mates just wanna record the arp hi-hat to a track but I think that's just cheatin'.

Right on! I have discovered that much but I'm having no luck with understanding how to use the lfos to create the hi-hat-rhythm thus far. I'll keep tweakin' away though. It's also a a live performance situation rather than studio. I have to be able to pull it off live!

According to the manual there's a noise generator within the FM section but when I turned it on it seems to be affected by the arp, giving it a machine gun hi-hat effect. Also when I adjust the filters it also effects the hi-hat noise. Has anyone ever programmed this before who could give a more thorough example perhaps? Would this be more probable to achieve in multi-mode? This is by far the hardest task I've ever emcountered! Thanks for any input! -Stu

Hello-all!-Sorry-bout-all-the-dashes-but-my-spacebar-died!-I'm-currently-working-on-the-song-"On-the-Run"-by-Pink-Floyd.-Is-there-a-way-to-incorporate-the-hi-hat-sound-along-with-the-arpegiated-synth?-Not-exactly-sure-how-they-performed-it-live-unless-they-just-rolled-tape-live-in-concert-but-I'd-like-to-perform-it-as-best-as-possible-in-a-live-setting!-Thanks-for-any-input-on-this.-I'm-using-the-Indigo2.

There are alot of options out there, it really depends on what you need. Access Virus is a great analog modeling synth hands down. Other people prefer Clavia Nord leads or even real analog Dave Smith instruments. Prices will obviously vary. I'm guessing since you posted this question back in March you've probably figured something out by now but one of the best ways to determine if a particular product is for you is to check it out in person at your local dealer, if available. I think you can make a virus sound as clean or as filthy dirty as you want it too, but you will have to get your hands dirty and dive into spending the time to learn all of it's capabilities. There are a lot, it is an amazing machine. I chose an Access synth over a Moog just because there are so many possibilities and it comes close to replicating the Moogy sound as well.The price was also a helpful factor. Good luck and happy hunting.

Sorry if there is already a posting on this, I searched but didn't see anything! I was going through the manual trying to figure out on how to adjust the tempo for the arp on the Indigo 2 but it was kinda vague. Am I missing something so simple it's right in front of me or what? I see the "BPM" light but there's not a tap button for it either. Thanks for any input, this is my first Access synth so there's a learning curve going on! -Stu

I use a Roland KC 550 and it's barely 180 watts! It's EQing is also terrible. However it's built well enough to endure the road so that's one plus I guess! If you decide to go with a personal keyboard amp I would either step up to the better Roland model or look into something of a little more quality and wattage. I have a very loud guitar player in our band and there is some frequency space hogging going on from time to time as well.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I decided to add the Virus C magic to my live rig and would really like to be able to save/back up my banks and possibly load other ones to/from my Lap Top. All I've seen from searching around the web is "SoundDiver" for the earlier models but it's not made anymore. Any tips? I'm using a Toshiba laptop with windows 7 and have a MIDI to USB cord. Thanks for any input, -Stu