Beiträge von sonus

SIDwave,

I doubt this is as simple as you suggest. I have experienced several connection issues with Virus TI, which I've owned for 5 years now. In the meantime I changed laptops and PCs and issues with losing connection happened in each and every PC I had.
    I suppose my Virus TI (limited WHITEOUT edition!) has some factory hardware issue. The issue is about the fact that every 30 minutes or so Virus stops producing sound, neither MIDI signals are being visible to DAW. When I say Virus no more produces sound I mean the sound cannot be even heard from headphone jacket. What helps is Virus needs to be either rebooted, or at least USB needs to be unplugged (rarely helps) or (what really helps) VIRUS needs to be shut down and unplugged from the socket. But even that may not always help. Usually the sound is back but MIDI signals sometimes are not back. So I need to repeat operation until I'm lucky enough.
    In my opinion this is neither normal nor acceptable. And frankly yesterday I raised the ticket to Virus support. And either someone deals with this or I am just going to dump this piece of hardware. For good and forever.

Last but not least: yes, I turned off power savers in BIOS and in windows for all USB ports.