Beiträge von Suburban_Dream

This might help folks. I used to be on pc with the virus and I experienced alot of USB related issues just like those above. I sorted it by buying a 4 port PCI USB card. This ensured my Virus was on a separate USB hub with maximum bandwidth available and no bandwidth sharing. It basically sorted out alot of issues for me and for E20 a card it's worth trying.

Ciaran

Hi folks,

I'm using Cubase 5.5 on Mac OSX 10.6.2. I don't get an assign to automation menu when I do the mac equiv of right click. Anyone any ideas? Pain in the ass using this thing without automation. It used to work when I was on PC :(

Cheers
    Ciaran

Hi there,

I also feel your pain. I have very similar problems. My newest problem is that the screen doesn't update when i make patch changes on the Mac. It updates some characters on the virus scream but not all. I was in contact with support and they asked me to try many different things. When none of these suggestions worked they stopped replying to my emails. I then began to ring and they would keep saying "We cannot replicate your problems here so it must be your computer" At first I believed them and went out and bought a Mac instead of a PC but I still have the same problems. I eventually gave up. After having the synth a year I am just starting to learn how to use the features on it. I would never use it in a live scenario.

Also, one of the biggest studios in Dublin have one and the house engineer in there told me he wouldn't touch Virus control or USB because they are buggy as f**k.

I dont think Access will admit that many folk have problems. If you look the amount of updates to OS3 in the first six months, that I think speaks volumes. Getting Access to take back one of their synths to test must be unheard of. I was actually on holiday in Germany and I was so tempted to bring it and knock on their door. I am having a problem with automation now and it could be me but with the reputation of this synth, who knows......

Hi folks,

Thanks again for your interest and advice. The system that file was mixed down on is a Windows XP system belonging to the store that I bought the unit from.

However, I get the same results on my own system, very often worse!

My system is a Quadcore Imac with 8G of Ram. I am running both Cubase 5 and Logic 9. Im am running Mac OS X Snow Leopard. I use the Virus as my ASIO/CoreAudio soundcard. I have also tried rendering with an mbox 2 with simialr results.

I also own a PC and a Macbook Pro. I get the same results on all.

Does anyone notice that the tuning on this file is slightly out. Not majorly I admit but it does vary. Should the tuning be rock solid or should there be minor variations?

Cheers folks,

I appreciate your time and help

Ciaran
    Suburban Dream

http://subdream.net

Hi there, thanks for giving it a listen. I am mixing down via USB. That file was created by the store I bought the virus in. They are currently doing some tests on it and they think the virus is functioning correctly. The info I got on that mixdown is the following.....

G sharp Key and the following

"ClubSub MS2 tweaked
    "ClubSub MS" preset
    "%SOFT% CC" with filter attack turned up slightly.

I'm not sure exactly what they tweaked, will ask them tomorrow when they reopen. In your opinion, is there an issue in that mixdown? I find it difficult to believe a synth with such a good name mixes down like this. I don't know if the store noticed the glitches, possibly not.

Cheers again for your help and input.

Ciaran

Hi folks,

I have been having a little trouble with the mixdowns from my virus. When I render a file I get little audio glitches, crackles and errors. I have installed OS4 today and things are improved but when for example, I mixdown say the ClubSub patch, I get little audio defects here and there. My question is, is this normal?

I know that may sound like a silly question but I can't seem to get rid of these noises. They are often quite faint but they are there!

Could anyone be so kind to listen to this file and tell me if I have a problem? The noises are not on each note, just here and there. I have marked in the comments section on Soundcloud where I hear glitches. It is very noticeable in places when played on studio monitors. You may need to download the wav to hear some of the less obvious noises.

http://soundcloud.com/aliciapi…-gsharp-x3-long-os4-final

If it's normal, I just need to know. I can get a perfectly clean file if I render it 15-20 times, one is usually clean.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers
    Ciaran

No, I haven't tried any other ASIO driver though could be an option.

I have sent the synth back to the store so if I get it back still with issues I will open a separate thread. I understand why you want a separate thread Marc but I don't think you under stand that I am also having ear splitting audio glitches. My mix down suggestion was to see if the users experiencing this had noticed tuning issues.

The loud glitches are so bad that many people may not have noticed the tuning yet.

Ciaran

I have the same problems. Try mixing down the same synth line a few times for interesting results. You wont get the same audio twice. I get tuning problems, audio glitches, noise on mixdowns, the list is endless....

Sorry I bought the synth, trying to get an exchange for something better. Maybe add money and get a Moog Voyager. I have waited in vain for a software update that might fix my problems. I was dealing with access support but when they couldn't find a solution to my problems they just went quiet.

Any folks thinking of buy a virus, get it checked in the shop first, ask for a demo, otherwise you might regret handing over the guts of 2000 euros. Access say they cant replicate my issues so it must be my system. I even went Mac in the hope that I might have better results but no joy. I have tested it on 2 PC setups, a macbook pro and a quadcore Imac.

Hi again,

I did some digging in the forum and found a suggestion that if you buy a dedicated USB card, that can help. So I did over the weekend and it has improved things greatly. I am going to do more tests but so far there seems to be a great improvement.

I'll let ya know how I get on!

Cheers
    Ciaran

Hi folks,

Does anyone know if there are any up to date manuals available for the TI2 desktop? I can only find manuals for the old TI and the tutorials in them for setups are way out of date. For example the Cubase set up is for SX3.

Cheers
    Ciaran