Beiträge von Risey

I have been checking back from time to time over the past 5 YEARS!!! to see if Access has either updated to AAX or responded to so many aggravated Pro Tools users. No matter the request or complaint, whether light hearted or aggressive, there was NO reply. I was resigned that no one there, at Access, would ever do so. Today, I say the above post by TNM and it got me to thinking. Are Avid and Access in some type of war? Are we being treated as casualties in this was due to pride, arrogance, money, power? When you look at what a terrorist does it's the same as we are being treated, in a way. We are the ones "suffering" but we get no relief. We ask "why?" but we get no reply as we don't deserve a reply, they don't owe us anything, we bought their product and now we have to deal with the consequences. I have to say that the response above is quite sobering. To see Marc say that it matters to him and that he doesn't like accusation, really makes me feel that he's a liar based on the years on non reply or acknowledgment and still continues to sell the product. I only hope that whatever beef they have, if there is any beef, with Avid will get sorted out soon as I have so many things I've started with the virus TI that I don't want to give up. I'll stay in the trenches.

I do not think they are at war with Avid, but I do think the company is in trouble which is evident in the arrogant response I received. When I pay £2,000 for something I atlease expect to be treated like a customer and not an enemy combatant, but anyway that is water under the UNPROFESSIONAL bridge. There could be another card at play, same card u see played in the gaming industry where certain companies ensure that other formats are either late to the game or exclusive to a particular platform to have a competitive edge. On a side note Blue cat audio patchwork does work to get the plugin working in AAX format but it is far from perfect...

It matters to me. I don't like the idea of an accusation which is based on a post which was apparently removed. In fact I have a hard time believing that a statement like this was just removed. I don't think it was there in the first place. But obviously this all happened a long time ago, so I guess we both have a hard time to proof what was written here.
    And also, there is a big difference in between "Access seemed keen on bringing an AAX version of the plugin at first" and "looking into it" - so maybe you could choose your "quotes" a little more carefully.

I really do not understand why you are talking to me a CUSTOMER in this cheeky manner, I bought your product, you should never place yourself above a customer, a customer is always right even when he / she is wrong in your eyes, I have 5 mins so as someone that goes out of his way to help others I will extend that gratitude to you, this is how you reply to a CUSTOMER:
    "Dear Risey, I cannot recall mentioning that we were interested in bringing forward an AAX version of our Virus TI pluging, however it has been a long time and things may have been miss interpreted which may have lead you to being mislead, I would also like to apologise that we as a company were unable to bring an AAX version to Pro Tools and the inconvenience that this may have caused you and others. I want you to know we appreciate your business and we hope you will remain our customer in the near future....."

i don't know what you refer to, please post a link. to my recollection, we have never said that there will be an AAX version (at least I haven't).

The post was CONVENIENTLY removed lol.... It was on this forum where a rep for your company said they were looking into it. No matter..... I use mine mainly as a MIDI keyboard these days as plugins have surpassed its capabilities, it is a pity to see a good name go down like this. I only came back to this forum as TNM had made a post which sent an email notification to my account, thought I would try to help the guy, something support should be doing....

I agree with you that support has changed for the worse, I was suspicious when they re branded the virus which added more polyphonic notes, companies usually do things like this when they need money, just like the gaming industry with their remaster editions. Access seemed keen on bringing an AAX version of the plugin at first, then they said it would not be possible, so why not implement something similar to Patchwork into the software, but the truth is probably more about resources and money. They have ridden on the back of the Virus TI for too long and unless they bring something new to the table I fear this company will vanish and for a short time maybe the Virus TI will become popular once again as people rush to buy one before they vanish for good....

You guys have convinced me.. I have had it.. access basically have zero support and I want to sell it before they shut down, whilst i will still get good coin for it.
    Even a "we will never do an AAX" is better than this. Silence is deafening.

Hi there, you can get it to work by purchasing Blue Cat Audio Patchwork which has the ability to wrap VSTs, had zero problems so far using Pro Tools 12.8 but be aware I am on PC, so I cannot say if it will work for MAC....

I started this thread July 19th 2013, it is now July 4rth 2016, I have been patient, hows the AAX 64bit coming along? lol hahahhahahah
    I think ACCESS is on the way out, I noticed the Windows driver is still in BETA from 2014, another good company slowly sinks underneath the vast sea of modern synths....
    What is even more shocking is the fact this thread has not received any positive or negative input from a company representative, a simple no to AAX would have been something....

Will check back here in 2 years time just for a laugh like... lol
    Peace
    Ryan Anthony

If you use BlueCatAudio Patchwork you can wrap the controller, works fine on Windows 10, PT 11 and PT 12, does not look as if we will ever see AAX for Pro Tools, it would have been nice since this topic is over two years old that the dev team would comment and just be truthful with customers who are loyal, but thats how things are these days, we are just a money symbol...

Go into your Access Music folder usually under MY DOCUMENTS, look for MIDI patch named MY PATCHES, copy it and paste it on the desktop for now, rename it to whatever u want the bank to be called, put it back in the Access Music folder with the rest of the MIDI, now you can create your own library on that blank patch u created...

Its a sad day indeed as all us Pro Tools 10 users will eventually update to the new 64 bit AAX format (PT 11) and ACCESS have not decided whether to release an AAX version of the VIRUS TI Controller for our Virus TI Hardware synth...
    Shocking really, other manufatures will now be in a better position to compete with ACCESS as the benefits of PT 11 are huge and any company that dont jump onto the band wagon is pretty silly in my personal opinion.
    R I P Virus TI Synth you will still be a good MIDI controller i guess...

Ryan Anthony
    http://www.Ryan-Anthony.com