Beiträge von Ruari

Before my computer crashed I had a very nice Darkstar wallpaper that I'm sure I downloaded from the main site. I've looked but I can't find it there any more, there is a whiteout wallpaper but it is not what I am looking for.

If anyone has the 2560x1440 darkstar wallpaper can they please post it here, I'd be forever grateful.

Thanks

:)

Every one of my standalone and plugin ROM banks of my TI2 are completely different to one another. How is this possible? Any ideas on how I can get them to match each other?

I'm using OS 5.1.3.0

Here's a comparison of my standalone ROM C

Plugin ROM C

EDIT: I seem to have fixed this by restoring the standalone ROM to the Factory backup banks, I've no idea how they developed a mismatch. I've also spent time updating my Logic instruments so now all my patch names are correct again making life all that much easier when working standalone.

It would be all kinds of brilliant if we were able to export the patchnames from Virus Control as a text file, please @Marc make this happen.

i think an hardware step sequencer like the elektron one would make the virus ti the best machine ever built!

...Or quit rejecting the best step sequencer ever made. Your piano roll in your DAW of choice.

The best step sequencer hands down has to be Numerology, nothing comes close imo

YMMV

I think it would be good if we could export the list of patches in a bank as a text file directly from the VC browser.

I've previously spent time going through many patches individually and copying their names out into my multi instrument in Logics environment, and now after setting up a new template I've discovered that at some point the list of patches in the ROM banks has changed again. You can't imagine the sinking feeling when I realised this. This would be so easily put right if we had the option to quickly export the patch list as a simple text file. If this were to happen we need each patch to be listed on a separate line though :)

Your's wishfully

Two things you need to be aware of:

You need to be running the latest version - UnisonLFOPhase was bust for a fair amount of time in the TI, but it is definitely fixed again in the latest version.

You won't hear any difference when you adjust (or modulate) the parameter until you trigger a new note.

This seems broken again in 5.1.1.0 - the LFO phase offset does not work if the LFO rate is set to clocked.

I wouldn't go so far as to call my Virus a piece of crap, I love it and think it sounds amazing!! I use it all the time.

I could live with the browser window oddness but the knob behaviour thing is frustrating, once I noticed it and have been unable to fix it with the usual methods I've started to wonder if there was something wrong with my Virus. It would be nice to hear from Marc or Jörg about this.

So far I've tried a factory reset and re-installing the OS, the knob "Snap" mode still won't work like it should. Sometimes I will just nudge a knob to see what it is set to, if I do that now - instant change to the sound :(

Hi supa,

Thanks for checking. There is a menu to change the knob behaviour I normally have it set to snap, this should mean that the parameter doesn't change until the knob has reached that value. This was how it behaved until recently, now it instantly jumps to the position as soon as the knob moves. This causes me to make a mess of patches very quickly which is not what I want to be doing.

I don't think it should be considered normal that a browser window changes itself like that without any interaction, especially as the page x of x display at the top of the window does not change even though the contents of the window does. I'm glad to hear it's not just my machine doing this.

My desktop has all of a sudden started to act a bit buggy, the 2 problems I've noticed so far are:

1. The knob behaviour "Snap" doesn't act the way it used to, it just jumps to the position if the knob is moved instead of waiting for the knob to pass through.

2. If I drag a patch from the part list on the left to the lower browser window, the upper window jumps to a different menu.

I've already tried a factory reset and the bugs persist, I've made a short video of the browser window here

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

I'm running OSX 10.9.4
    Logic X.1.0
    Virus OS 5.0.8.0

Hi gnomebottom,

The envelopes are only available to modify parameters per voice, anything in the effects section or patch volume can not be modulated with envelopes as these are set per patch.