Beiträge von Ruari

Well, I'm loving the new Chorus effects so far :thumbup:

I have noticed a couple of things though, as mentioned earlier the Chorus Mix knob doesn't get the halo round it as it's turned up. Also when selecting a patch from the Browser the pane which I'm selecting from gets brighter as soon as I click anywhere in it.

mikekiraly1 when you are trying to use the Chorus effects, turning the mix knob clockwise then x-over knob anti-clockwise brings in the effect.

That is great news, I think it would be great if they could announce more stuff here as well as on Twitter & Facebook. :thumbup:

I don't use either of those normally, this & Infekted are my main port of calls for Virus related things & it seems I'm missing out on all sorts of interesting bits of info. I bet I'm not the only one either - is there any chance you could come here & interact with us a bit more please Marc. :whistling:

No, when you check the Multi Timbral option in Logic you will decide how many tracks you want to be associated with that instrument - up to 16. Logic will create that many tracks in the arrange window & each one will have a different MIDI channel assigned to it.

Give it a try, it's fairly straightforward.

My trouble free time has come to an end ;(

My Virus has been working relatively ok for me for a while now, towards the end of last week it's developed some really frustrating random problems.

I'm working on a track that has 7 TI parts in it, only up to 4 sounding at any one time though. I can't seem to play the whole project through without either some slight detuning, major detuning, missing delay, the TI giving up altogether halfway through & refusing to play any more sounds or it trying to play all the sounds all at the same time.

The patches I'm using & their "power ratings" are:

Prongo - 2 bars
    Breezer - 3 bars
    ,~]>{ - 2 bars (don't you just love Charlie May's patch naming system)
    DX-Pno2 - 2 bars
    Sync303 - 1 bar
    Dst302 - 1 bar (my own variation)
    Dst302 - 1 bar (my own variation)

Sometimes Prongo will be late, I get clicks when Breezer & DX-Pno2 play together & whenever ,~]>{ plays - either alone or with another patch it can sound like a string being slowly tightened then quickly released - from time to time the delays are nowhere to be heard even though the VC shows they should be. The 303/302 patches are generally ok but sometimes they will all start sounding with everything else - even in the absence of any notes coming in.

I've tried disconnecting & reconnecting everything in different USB ports one by one, I've stopped using Time Machine whilst using Logic (sometimes this makes a difference - not always), I've tried 64bit & 32bit - 32 has less problems but they are still present & nothing I can do is completely solving the problem.

In this track I've got some audio tracks, 2 instances of Battery, 2 instances of FM8, Kore, Massive, Kontakt & some external synth action all routed through Logic, my CPU is only showing about 25-35% usage so I know that it can handle it.

I've never had a problem as bad as this with the Virus before, I haven't even begun to start mixing the track yet but if I can't sort it out I'm not going to be able to - has anyone got any ideas?

You weren't kidding when you said you were a complete beginner with Logic eh?

All the information you need is in the manual, if you looked at the section I suggested earlier you would have a bit of a better understanding of what you are looking at - you could maybe also look at "Getting to know the Arrange Channel Strips"

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea for you to get hold of this book as well, it will give you all the information you need to get a decent start with Logic & is laid out in a very clear easy to understand way.