Beiträge von Ruari

There's a small point of confusion in the public beta, unfortunately, in that both are labeled "Envelope 4".

Not on mine their not, I've got Envelope 3 pages 1 & 2 as well as Envelope 4 pages 1 & 2

Do you mean that just the Snow has the mis-labelled pages?

Try modulating FreqShifter Freq with an lfo, I would love to be able to control this with an envelope too. Hopefully, because of the amount of posts about this since the new beta this is something they will try to implement in the future :whistling:

This is intentional, Marc already explained this in another thread

Zitat

envelopes (which are per voice) cannot have an effect on settings which
    are available once per part. this was the case from day on (which
    doesn't mean it is ideal). use an LFO instead

envelopes (which are per voice) cannot have an effect on settings which are available once per part. this was the case from day on (which doesn't mean it is ideal). use an LFO instead

Ok, thanks for explaining that one.

i'm not sure what you mean
    marc

When I'm using the Virus hardware & I've navigated to the page where the top line of the display reads "EDIT SINGLE Envelope 3 1/2" whenever I play a key or the unit receives any msgs from Logic the lowest segment of the " / " line (which is in 3 segments on my display) between the 1 & 2 on the display flashes off then back on again as the quarter note or any other kind of msg indicator appears.

It's not a showstopper by any means & it doesn't affect the sound coming out of the Virus at all but I've never noticed this happening before & it doesn't happen on any other pages I've tried since noticing it last night. Navigate to that page on the hardware & try it yourself, you will notice it straight away if it happens on all systems.

If it doesn't happen for everyone does that mean my Virus might need a service?

I do have one question - is it possible to control Envelope 3/4 without using Virus Control? Whether directly with the Virus, or via MIDI?

Check the manual addendum ;)

Zitat

Hardware interface: The parameters for Envelopes 3 and 4 can be found in the Single EDIT menu. Press EDIT, then PARAMETER < > to scroll through to the relevant pages.

I've had a quick play about & I've got a couple of things for you to check:

• Whilst using the hardware, Envelope 3 page 1/2 On receiving a note on/off msg the lowest segment of the / between the 1 & 2 flashes.
    • Choosing any envelope as a source in the matrix appears to have no effect on FreqShifter Freq, Filterbank Reso, Filterbank Poles or Filterbank Slope

You can't increase the size of the GUI itself, however, if you use a magic mouse you can zoom in by pressing ctrl & finger swipe up, on a magic trackpad it's ctrl & 2 finger swipe up.

Hope that helps.

Ruari I'm already in the UK so I could probably throw it down the street to you.

But sadly (for you), I finally got the blasted thing working. By a combination of waiting for the wind to blow the right way, making sacrifices to Dark Gods, uninstalling / reinstalling drivers several times, and the Virus OS once, powering up/down while holding different buttons whilst dancing around a dead chicken, and randomly replugging USB devices while cursing the inventor of it and laughing at the "Universal" in the name, somehow, Ableton does indeed now "see" it

Lol!!

Well, as disappointed as I am that you don't want rid of it anymore I'm much happier for you that you seem to be getting somewhere with it. I know it can be a bit time consuming & frustrating trying to get everything set up so your whole system plays nice together, stick with it though as it's all worth it in the end.

If you change your mind at any point, just let me know. I've got a lovely crisp $10 bill with your name on it stashed away here if you want it, in fact, because I'm such a nice guy I'd possibly pay you in English Pounds - with todays exchange rate I think that's probably about six fiddy :P