Beiträge von gauer

hey mate,

im sorry but i was kind of pissed off when i wrote this, ill change that for you, im sorry.

but the truth is that i discovered how to do it on my own, you just sent me the OS files that i already had downloaded from access site. All the trial and error was made by me, after several hours going nuts. How come 2 midi interfaces wouldn't work? What's the midi interface recommended to do this?

The settings in MIDIOX i had to discover on my own also.

I asked for step-by-step instructions and i haven't got any.

as i told you, i had to upload the second.mid first, wich is the big file, is the only one the unit accepted first. I tried to upload the chunks first, but all i got was checksum error, Only after uploading the second.mid the unit accepted the chunks, it worked backwards, you didn't tell me that, i discovered on my own and it took 3 days. i was almost giving up.

all the best

Hi there,

I own a virus rack XL, and after 3 days of madness, i finally was able to update my OS and presets to factory.

In fact, i already had the latest OS installed, but since i bought the unit second hand, all presets were messed up and changed by previous user, so i wanted to reset everything.

First i tried sounddiver, wich is a nice program to edit the presets, but was shit for sending midi and sysex to the virus. I installed then MIDIOX, wich is a very resourceful software, and the only one that was taking me somewhere.

After SEVERAL hours of trial and error, here's what worked:

1- Turned on the virus on receive mode

2 - In MIDIOX, go to "view / sysex", then in the new window go to "configure" and in both buffer sizes type in 4112, num 33, and in delay 100ms.

4 - click on the blue DIN connection icon and choose the midi out port of your interface.

5 - click on "playback midi" and from the OS folder, i loaded first the second.mid OS file, cause the first one only gave Checksum error, no matter how i tried, only cheksum error as soon as i played back the midi file. The unit will start to receive the data and you will see the numbers raising in the lcd screen, until it reaches 15, wich then will freeze up the unit. Don't freak out as i did, because all the buttons will be inactive, you won't be able even to turn off the unit.

6 - Now, from the OS in chunks folder, load up all the chunks from the first part, wich incredibly will start loading up, one by one. The weird thing is that when i tried to load up the first part chunks first, i only got checksum error.

7 - Voila!! After u load the last chunk, the lcd will ask you to store, press store and be happy forever.

Hi there!

I'm planning to buy a virus TI in the next few months (i'm a DJ and i wanna start producing my own music).

Doing some research i found out that many users have problems with latency using the virus TI as a soundcard.

My question is: for producing eletronic music is that a big deal??

Cause the virus is kind of expensive, and buying it would be like kiiling two birds with one stone. I really don't wanna waste money with a soundcard if the virus can deliver a good performance.

Thank you very much.