Beiträge von AxisMundi

BUG REPORTS

System:
    Win Vista 32 bit
    Ableton 8.1
    Virus TI Snow OS 4.05.01

Sync Issues:

Virus Control has a high chance for red sync error upon clock start within Ableton by triggering a clip to play.
    Virus Control has a high chance for red sync error upon receiving bank/program change messages.
    Virus Control momentarily loses sync, but with no red error, when expanding/contracting track groups within Ableton.
    Virus outputs occasional pops and other artifacts during playback within Ableton.
    128 sample + safety buffer does not output sound.

None of these issues existed for me on the same system with beta 4.02.01.

What's included:

There are two Live Sets included. One is a 4-channel TI Snow template, and the other is a 4-channel-in-one setup with all four TI Snow channels nested into one Instrument Rack. The first knob of the Instrument Rack is routed to Chain Selector, to cycle through the four Snow MIDI channels to determine where the MIDI clip data in Session View is put out to. (This knob will be knob 1, bank 1 of the Device Control section of the APC40.) The remaining 7 knobs are left blank for you to fill in yourself and correspond to the 8 knobs of the Device Control section of the APC40.

In each Live Set, Snow MIDI channels 1 and 2 are stereo, and 3 and 4 are mono channels.

In each Live Set, Soft Knob 1, 2, and 3, Delay Send, Chorus Send, and Reverb Send, as well as Filter 1 Cutoff and Resonance, as shown on the Easy page of the Virus Control on all 4 channels of the instance of Virus Control itself are pre-routed to the first 4 banks of 8 knobs in the Device Control section of the APC40 for quick and easy FX tweaking.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ewuahb

no pass

1. Unzip, extract
    2. Open any Live project and remove any pre-existing instance of the Virus Control plugin.
    3. Drop one of the two Live Set files into your Session View empty area.
    4. Profit!

I've done two tours in Europe using both the TI 61 keyboard and the Snow. I've found the VC mode to be very stable in those conditions and have never had one flunk out on me in the middle of the live set because of Virus Control. I also use it as the sound card and have yet to have a Virus-related issue. (Two times there were power failures in the sound system during my set and one time, the power connecton in my external hard drive fried shortly before the show.)

(knock on wood, lol)

Using the Mod Matrix, you can use as the source "Control (x)" and any three destinations you want including filter-related parameters. Then, using your MIDI controller's native software, assign your knobs or whatever to those numbers.

I have an Axiom 25, and the velocity sensitive drum pads are set to the CC#s 3, 9, 12, 13 on MIDI Chs. 1 and 2. They can make some juicy effects when you bang around on them or twiddle the corners... and they also control the clip envelopes in session view in Ableton.

That was one of the best things for me when I switched from the TI 61 key to the Snow... discovering that :)

This would be great for those who use their Virus in live settings who want to have the three Soft Knobs always routed to FX.

Example:

Knob 1: Delay Send

Knob 2: Chorus Send

Knob 3: Reverb Send

So when I switch patches, I can always have the same parameter control on each knob.