Beiträge von Shayne_Berry

Does this happen when you change patches whilst your sequencer is still playing?

I've had this from my Snow but this is normal when you use hard synths sync'd up to a sequencer, remember that the synth is still an external synth, but with a convenient control system in the form of a VST GUI. It might need you to stop and start the sequencer because the Virus has received unusual clock information. When you record a hard synth you always start recording a couple of bars before the part actually starts to allow all the clocks to establish a timing, Access explain this in the manual. By changing patches whilst leaving your sequencer playing your asking too much of it, it can't retrieve the information it requires because it's only sent at certain intervals from your sequencer. Even though it's interface is USB, it still transmits MIDI data (eg note on/note off) so where as standard VSTs may handle the change because they work differently, it pays to treat the Virus as a hard synth, not a VST.

It's a bit like expecting a musician to come in on time and at the correct tempo, without giving them any time to receive any timing information.

regards

shayneberry.net
    oceanstaterecordings.com

The synth is no longer available for me to open?

If I open an older project which still has the synth active, it is there, present and working fine. If I htne close it down, and try to open it again, it is not listed.

Access Music TI, and Virus TI are there but do not open as they are not for the Snow, but like I said, the Snow "Virus TI Snow" is no there.

The dll file is in the VSTplugin folder, so it should work,

I would appreciate any help with this, as I am now without a virus :(

Shayne