Beiträge von adam_psykes

My TI1's been like this since I got it (second hand)

Outputs 2LR & 3LR are absolutely fine, Output 1LR has a crackling noise like yours Sebastian, kind of like digital clipping; and now you mention it, it does seem to be on patches with more bass going on.

I thought at first it might be on loud patches but it still happened when I turned the patch vol way down.

A few years ago I posted my TI to Germany to the official European service centre (it was well out of warranty period) & the dude there said he couldn't reproduce the crackling & it was working fine (I even told him which patches I know for sure crackled).

When I got it back surprise surprise it was still doing the crackling (on Output 1LR only, just like before), although he did fix the other 3 or 4 things wrong with it.

So I just continued to use Output 2LR all the time, which is slightly annoying when swapping between single & multi mode.

It is weird that outputs 2 & 3 are fine though.

I think I tried the SPDIF output which mirrors Output 1LR, and it also did the crackling thing (as far as I can remember...it was a few years ago).

So that's probably no help but at least you're not alone...

What have you got? Does it just jump straight to 'Keyboard 2/5?' after the page 'MIDI Control'

If this is the case & page 'Keyboard 1/5' is missing, maybe the OS hasn't installed correctly?

You could try re-installing the OS.

There must be slightly different versions of the OS because none of the 'Keyboard 1/5' to 'Keyboard 5/5' (inclusive) pages are supposed to appear on the desktop version (as it has no keyboard). It's vaguely possible yours 'thinks' it's a desktop version...?

Alternatively maybe the motherboard is fukt, I think Access sell replacements for a few hundred Euroes...

Sounds like you're doing everything right. A few things you could try/check:

Have you tried setting the MIDI device ID to the same number on both the Virus & the sequencer? Or set both to 'Omni'

I found receiving a MIDI dump did cack all when they were set to different numbers from each other

Although it did say 'receiving sysex' but then nothing else happened. & it was on a TI not a C.

Worth a try though eh?

I take it you checked the midi cable & midi in port of your Virus both work?

Is it receiving normal midi data (like notes & CCs etc...)?

Receive MIDI Dump's not set to off is it? (in the Config menu somewhere)

Also, if the sequencer has properly received the data you should be able to view a load of sysex data on there (loads of letters & numbers).

My sequencer is an MPC4000 & it lets me view the sysex data, I would assume Logic has a similar feature...?

After receiving the dump, does it sound like patch G18?

If yes, it's received the data correctly (it goes to the edit buffer) & you should just be able to save the patch like normal.

If no (I suspect this is the case & it will sound like patch A5) it's not received the sysex data.

Cheers yo

The only other thing I can think of is by default Page A = controller data, Page b = sysex

Perhaps having both set to sysex is cancelling each other out...?

I take it you checked the midi cable & midi in port of your Virus both work?

Is it receiving normal midi data (like notes & CCs etc...)?

Have you tried setting the MIDI device ID to the same number on both the Virus & the sequencer? Or set both to 'Omni'

I found receiving a MIDI dump did cack all when they were set to different numbers from each other

Although it did say 'receiving sysex' but then else happened. & it was on a TI not a C.

Worth a try though eh?

My pitch bend wheel did the same a few years back. I went to the repairs section of the website & it seems there's only one dude who's authorised for repairs in the whole of Europe. So I had to post my TI to Germany. A few other things needed fixing too. He did fix the pitch bend wheel though! I've never seen a service manual or parts list for any Access products (you can find em for stuff like MPCs...very helpful), I get the feeling they're a closely guarded secret ;)

There's some pots for sale on eBay's but they're most likely for the knobs, dunno how likely it is that the pitch bend wheel would use the same pot...? Are you willing to gamble £6.50ish to find out...? (not me selling them btw! Someone in Spain)

The lead sound from the original doctor who theme tune.
    Psy trance bass sounds like scorb & pondscum.
    Hardstyle reverse bass sounds eg moonrise (t-78 remix) by artic zone.
    Hardstyle scratchy sounds like in drill sergeant by project jupiter.
    Dubstep wobbly basses like chasing shadows or dubstep tutorial part 2 by dubba johnny.
    Ultra reece basses like the ruckus (kryptic minds remix) by tech itch or hostile by dom&kemal.
    Ta