Beiträge von Bump

I just wanted to comment that I have the following spec and I have got the Virus working on my new MacBook Pro after patiently working through with tech support:

- Logic 9.1.5 (think I might have updated it since actually..)
    - TIOS v 4.5.3 release of the VC software
    - Latest 2011 version of the MacBook Pro i7 2.2Ghz with 8gb
    - Snow Leopard, last version before Lion
    - I have only my Virus TI connected to 1 of the 2 USB ports on the MBP (also running the IR Reciever). The connection goes through a Belkin hub.
    - There's an Apple cinema display on the other USB port on the MBP

If I use one arp on 'hold' then it doesn't keep time reliably and causes all sorts of synch probelms. Using the arp's with the 'hold' button clicked on causes all these timing issues.

But if I don't use the arp there are no other problems and it's stable.

I'd love it if the arp's could be sorted out as they sound great. But, again, to reiterate what Marc on here always says: work with Tech support and you'll be rewarded with a great usable tool that does not hinder creativity once you get it set up right. It is frustrating to begin with that it's not just plug and play of course. It's well worth sticking with it.

I wonder if there's anything to address the arp timings in the forthcoming OS5 Marc? Any idea when it's due for release please?

cheers, simon

A new manual would be great to have printed out and on hand in my studio where the wifi doesn't quite reach and I can't work out how to download new sound banks etc.

Shame.

I'm back to problems where the arp won't keep time. Incredibly frustrating so one last try with the support team before I have to admit that it just isn't worth the trouble trying to use VC.

I'm afraid I can't tell from your reply Marc if you are recommending I get a hub or not.

Set up is now as below as I upgraded Logic and the TIOS yesterday:

- Logic 9.1.5
    - TIOS v 4.5.2.07 release of the VC software
    - Latest 2011 version of the MacBook Pro i7 2.2Ghz with 8gb
    - Snow Leopard, last version before Lion
    - I have only my Virus TI connected to 1 of the 2 USB ports on the MBP running the IR Reciever

So after loading the new TIOS 4.5.07 it seems more stable. I used it for 90 mins last night without anything major happening. Few odd things like some notes not playing but the 1 arpeggio in the track played as it should. It was a pretty lightweight track however with only 5 tracks but this caused problems previously.

So a cautious thumbs up so far.

cheers

Firstly, I have to say Marc and the Access customer service have been superb in terms of response times, clarity, helpfulness and patience.

However, I've taken a 2 month break from my studio as I just couldn't face trying to get it all working as it should when I first got it earlier this year as it was really was doing my head in. So hopefully this time I can persist and work through the issues, with some greatly appreciated help of course.

Set up:

- I have Logic 9.1.3
    - I have the TIOS v 4.5.0.16 release of the VC software
    - I have the latest 2011 version of the MacBook Pro i7 2.2Ghz with 8gb
    - I have Snow Leopard, last version before Lion
    - I have only my Virus TI connected to the front USB port on the MBP

My issues:

- I have Arpeg timing issues, it's out far too much and is such a tease - I want to use it but the timing is poor, and basically unreliable.
    - I sometimes get random notes chucked out when logic stops.
    - Sometimes I get the red out of synch message.
    - Sometimes I try to open VC but it says another instance is already open when it's not. Then sometimes it opens it no problem.

Three questions:

1) Having read Marc's statement about new MBPs earlier in this thread, should I be using a Belkin hub so it translates data properly with my MBP i7 given I only have the TI and a cinema display connected to the 2 USB ports?

2) If I do need a Belkin hub which one?

3) I see there's just been a new OS released. Anything else I should try?

Many thanks

cheers, simon