Beiträge von flabberbob

INPUT THRU is one of the input parameters in the LCD menu (p.90 in the reference manual). set it and/or the input boost to 0.
    Sync problems sound like crackle and dropouts only while the track is playing. Does it sound like that or more like constant hiss?

Also to be able to change the slope curve in the envelopes would be great...

You can change the attack curve from linear to parabolic by using the modulation matrix to feed the envelope back to the attack (there are a few old posts here that describe how to do that). No exponential attack though.

Being able to use an envelope to modulate the filter bank freq would be awesome too.

There is a limitation to the Virus design that prevents from the envelopes to control channel parameters. They can only control individual notes. It will take a while before this is fixed. LFOs on the other hand can do both and you can use them in ENV mode.

One important thing regarding using the Virus Control Plugin which is important specifically when comes to ARPs, is to leave 1 or 2 bars of silence at the beginning of the project, or else the ARP will sound like you woke it up in the middle of the night - meaning it will take time for it to understand what's going on and where to fit in (this will happen also when you play the project from somewhere in the middle, but since you don't do your final mixdown from the middle of the project it can be tolerated).

If your intention is to remotely control the menu page, that is not possible. On the other hand if you just want to change the value of a parameter, look it up in the CC table and change it directly, instead of remotely scrolling through the menu.

Hope this helps.

Are you using the TI plugin or good old MIDI?
    The advice that is good in any case is to:

• Make sure tempo data is being sent to the tracks
    • Virus MIDI notes should be quantized and snap to bars since ARPs in the Virus relate to the note-on and not bar/beat grid. Without quantization and snapping you will hear an apparent rhythmic phase difference,

Regarding everything else, it depends on how you hook up the Virus.

Hope this gives you a good start.

Are you referring to the square bass? You only need one square oscillator (preferably osc2 since you can control its phase if you want a hard attack at some stage). Put it through a LP filter (just 1 is enough here too) with some resonance (not a lot) while cutoff is low and controlled by the filter env. (again not a lot, as it should only take you to the mid range). Start with the default filter env of the -init- patch, you can get all the other sounds by changing attack and decay times. Once you get the hang of these env. parameters you can automate them, or control them with LFOs.
    Hope this helps.

ENV amount is added to whatever the original cutoff value is set to. Since there is no frequency lower than 0, if you subtract from it it seems like there is no effect. But take the original cutoff value to the max and you'll see that the negative ENV amount makes it drop (and the positive one has no effect).
    Hope this helps.

Ha! That P-funk sound is right up my alley. The Virus "Moog filter emulation" is your friend in this case (filter 1). When overdriven it can produce those meaty squelchy basses. Just like with a Moog, a resonating lowpass sweeping down on a swatooth played in monophonic mode with a touch of portamento - the stuff that will keep me on my feet all night long.

Aj: You can get the plugin integration to perform better if you have the time and patience to look into how your USB buses and devices are connected (both internal/onboard and external). I'm sure that if you move things around, disable the things you don't need and upgrade drivers that are not up-to-date you can find a place for the Virus where it can get all the bandwidth it needs.

There are a few thing I find odd:
    1. Could it be that sysEx echo sends the data back to the Virus which confuses it?
    2. Test without limiting yourself to a specific channel.
    3. You should record using fast tempo and play using slow tempo.
    4. Lopage=Cntrl, Hipage=PolyPressure => means no bank is sending sysEx. Try to enable CC-s and note pressure messages in the track filter.

Hope this helps.

Mindnezz - you are close, It's just that the sound is too "centered". You can smear it around using various FX such as choruses that have a X-over knob, which you can use to affect only the high frequencies. You can also use twin unison with maximum pan spread, but this will double the resources of the patch.

I used chorus in this patch:
    [soundcloud]

Externer Inhalt soundcloud.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    [/soundcloud]

Hope this helps.

The sound at 1:20 is probably a sawtooth pluck, just one oscillator and a lowpass filter closes on it very quickly, maybe even quicker than the filter envelope of the init patch. There is some delay FX there with a short time constant and a tiny bit of feedback, that gives it a multiple attack kind of feel.
    At 2:15 I be lieve you meant the dirty bass sound, its made with the bass in osc1 and the dirt in osc2 which is sync'ed to osc1. There should be a thread about it from a few months ago in this forum section.
    Hope this helps.

How do you connect the Virus to the computer? MIDI cable or USB? Start with assigning All Ins/All Channels to your MIDI track. If you use a MIDI cable the names is taken from the MIDI device that is accepting the data from the Virus. If you use USB, there should be a MIDI device called Virus TI synth in. In any case, I don't think the Virus is a natively supported control surface.
    Hope this helps.