Beiträge von HysteriaPsy

Hi there

I'm attempting a fix for my lag and latency issues with my virus posted on my other thread.

Does USB 3 work with the virus? Choice here is to buy USB 3 or 2 PCI - e Card. For some reason usb 3 is 500 cheaper than 2. But thats beside the point, i just need to know if a PCI - e USB 3.0 card will work, and fast as i need to call the suppliers in the next hour.Please.

Thanks so much

Regarding your PM, here is a question and a request:

• Did you try working in "live" mode? The live button is on the bottom left of the VC window.
    • Can you post a picture of your USB tree from Device Manager? (Click windows' start button, type "device manager" in the search box at the bottom, press enter, then in the device manager window that comes up choose the menu option View -> Devices by connection. Expand the tree until you find the PCI bus, expand it, and all the USB hosts you find in it. Inside the USB branches keep expanding wherever possible. Take a picture of all the USB brances and post them here if you can. Thanks).

I have tried working in live mode. No noticeable change. I will post the screenie for you later. Thanks man, only saw this now.

VIRUS LATENCY IS VERY HIGH AFTER INSTALLING CUBASE 5 / WIN 7, SYNCING ISSUES ONLY AFTER NEW OS AND CUBASE. PLEASE HELP !!! (No Help at all yet!)

*Since I've installed cubase 5 and windows 7 my virus snow has had very bad latency and lag/syncing problems. I used to use it everyday for my music but now I cannot use it as all the timing of the notes are off. I am a very active producer and put alot of time and effort into it, these days I spend more time attempting to fix my Virus and to be blunt I should not have to.
    I have a lot of tracks that must be finished & my 2nd album which has been delayed for over 2 months. A major cause of this is because of the time spent researching online and emailing access with no reply, to try and fix the syncing/latency problems. I paid for it, and not to be rude. But i expect it to work when simply updating my OS and DAW version, or at the very least if it does not work-some support from official access team members of who i have private messaged 5, about 3/4 months ago without 1 reply. Anyway I just hope to get a reply and some proper help, I am good at computers and Sound and have tried countless methods to fix this but none worked. I need some assistance now.

It was perfectly fine when I was running cubase sx3 and Win XP
    Please help ! Ive done
    lots of forum hopping and tried other techniques nothing will help. I will check back daily for any help, hopefully from the admin's.

Okay, i have updated my Nvidia Gfx drivers and am trying to update my mainboard, chipset, and usb drivers. I downloaded a program called driver max which scans your computer and finds the correct and out of date drivers for you. It said it was free, which it is. But it limits you to 2 driver updates a day. Do you guys know of an app that does that but is completely free and not a cheap scam? Thanks alot for all your help

Peace :thumbup:

Hey dude. My net has been down. So i couldnt get back to the forum. Here is the results of running latency mon. Maybe you can direct me from here?? Really need to get my virus back. I havent even been using it in my latest tracks bcoz it makes everything sound out of time.

Heres the Pic man. I ran it while in cubase in a project im busy working on with The virus open and running, outputting to a midi track.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/rg35p

Really hope you can help :) :) :)

Yea man, i have. Cant be that, im really leaning towards the idea its some sort of default setting in cubase 5 that was not default in cubase 3. What do you think? : /

CPU:Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66ghz
    RAM:4 Gigs
    Windows 7
    Oh i wasn't aware that can happen... i have never had probs with my PC handling cubase ever and making the virus lag.
    That latency is the latency that shows if u go to the plug in information window and scroll to the virus. Dunno if its the samples.
    and yea man im using the virus as my soundcard.. used to have a lexicon alpha. thanks bro :)

Live mode is controlled by a button on the buttom left of the Virus Control window. The latency of your audio interface is controlled by the size of its output buffer. Open the configuration window of your interface (I think it's available from the configuration window of cubase, around where you allocate ASIO channels), and try to reduce the size of the output buffer. Access recommends the following sizes: 64 samples, 128 samples, 256 samples and 512 samples.

Thanks for the help Bob. But i have tried that already, If i put it on 256 -> It makes cubase itself lag and when i export audio mixdown it gives me an error "disk overload". Its currently on 512. cubase 5 doesnt give an option for above 512. But it stil lags even though it is on 512.
    Pleaase heeelp :/ any questions ill be happy to answer. I just dont get why if it is the same pc!! Must be a default windows 7 or cubase setting that in windows xp or cubase 3 was not default. and now its messing with my virus. Make sense?
    X(

Live mode is controlled by a button on the buttom left of the Virus Control window. The latency of your audio interface is controlled by the size of its output buffer. Open the configuration window of your interface (I think it's available from the configuration window of cubase, around where you allocate ASIO channels), and try to reduce the size of the output buffer. Access recommends the following sizes: 64 samples, 128 samples, 256 samples and 512 samples.

I have done that. Its currently on 512, if i go to 256 and bounce its lags my whole cubase and sometimes when i export it says "disk overload" but when its on 512 i get virus lag and it says "cpu overload"
    This is what i dont get. Bcoz before it wouldnt lag on either i dont think?
    Does live mode reduce latency?
    Please help : /

Thanks man i will try that. I have already tried tweaking the power settings and disabling the one setting in a GPO. It just makes no sense that suddenly it would get epic latency when its the exact same pc!

Yo guys! Proud owner of a virus for about 2 years now.

*Since i installed cubase 5 and windows 7 my virus has very bad latency and lag problems. URGENTLY want it back to scratch. Please if anyone can help!!! Ive done lots of forum hopping and tried other techniques nothing will help. When i was using cubase 3 and windows xp all was fine. Thanks in advance. Please help me if you know any fixes!!!