Beiträge von AngusW

Hey,

I'm not sure how to pinpoint the cause of the problem, so I thought I'd post here as I've had good feedback in the past.

The problem:

I just upgraded my computer, went 64bit (Win 7), and so did my Virus Ti (running the latest stable release). I've been having an odd problem in Ableton 8, whenever I trigger a note the sound comes through but cuts off real quick, like there is no release on it. The note will sound properly only once out of every....10-20ish trys.

This is only with my virus, I use reason rewired into ableton and it doesn't do it there. My midi keyboard is an Axiom 49.

Any thoughts or help would be much much appreciated :)

So I have been holding off updating from 3.1 to 4 since it came out. Well I updated, absolutely loved the new features!!! But then, as I expected the problems started flooding in.

I use XP SP3. Ableton Live 8.0.4. My virusTI 3.1OS and mbox 2. P4 3.2 with 2gb of RAM.

1. Arp hold wasn't working when I was using the A01 100 MM Preset in the new os4 preset list.

2. Have noticed that VC work flow in general is a lot more sluggish.

3. The major one: Had been working fine with OS4 for a bit, then ableton crashed. I try to reopen it, and it says ableton has had a serious error and has to close. Same with other song saves too. So I restarted my computer, and it runs ok. But only in all my other songs. Not the one I had been working in, same problem occurs. Now I know this doesn't say much in terms of specifics, but this is all I know/can find out.

So to fix, I uninstalled Ableton and Virus control. Reinstall newer ableton (8.1.1) and rolled back my firmware to 3.1....works ok now. Bugger!! I loved OS4....

Anyone have a similar experience? Know of any alternate fixes?