Beiträge von muzikman2008

Welcome! from the UK :thumbup: Hope you have lots of fun with your Virus... and it gets your creative juices flowing like it does for most Virus owners....

This is a great site for Info, Free patches, Software updates (OS5 coming soon!) and always someone will help you out if you have problems...

G'day! :thumbup:

Hmmm... after a bit more research and a play, i answered my own question... i never knew the LEDs half lit to indicate FX are being used in a particular patch... 8o cool still learning about this thing nearly a year on!... so Kalmora, i think that is the answer, its a feature not a problem :D

After reading your post, i I have these odd LED brightness problems too! not on the edit button though, its on the effects section lights... is this normal? i never noticed before really lol 8) its not "light leak" from nearby LEDs because they change when i select different patches... all i can think is that they "half" light to show that a particular effect is used in a particular patch???

I Have A TI2 keyboard & Latest OS installed.

Can anyone shed some light on this? scuse the pun! ?(

As i suspected, not always a VIRUS issue as so many people think.... it is mainly PC/Mac probs and software related to peoples personal setups... Glad you are sorted anyway...

I just feel most people "blame" Access for their individual problems and it is not Access's problems at all... they made a keyboard/software that works on "their" reccomendations of softwae at the time they introduced their Virus range, and technology moves onwards and upwards... hardware cannot! (within reason) unless it is capable of new technology... USB 3 is another issue.. it wasnt even released when Virus hardware was, yet people still "expect it to work" huh???

Slightly off topic, but... hey ho... :S

Lets make some music and enjoy what we have..... :)

The one thing i really really love about Access is their commitment to a product and not lots of products!.. I hope they do not bring out a TI3 as this will leave other Virus models unsupported (or not as much).
    I bought a Roland Juno Stage recently and there has been no updates to its firmware, even though it has bugs... all related software is still 1.0.0!!!! people complain, Roland say its discontinued and has no plans to upgrade software!...
    My point is Access have my vote because they are committed to their products, and support it for years to come. That is 50% of the reason i opted to buy my Virus TI2, so less is more!.. but a sampling option along with the virus engine would be nice, building on rather than issuing a new technology. Bug fixes!! before new products.... 8)

I use my Virus this way, as it is more reliable... Analogue outs midi via USB thru my Edirol UA1000 10/10 Audio capture rack. midi thru (jacks) to sync Alesis drum machine... and any other aux equipment. Works for me... ;)

I know lots of people are having USB sync problems when using USB audio out of Virus, as i did originally... but OS updates have overcome this for many... i not tried since though. Am happy with my current config.

I used to play this song in a band too... But before i had my Virus, It sounds like 2 sounds because its got harmonics in it, and sounds, almost like a percussive bell with Ring Mod. The Drum synth that soft cell used to produce that was a custom made instrument or modified.I remember a documentry a few years back about them. I got around the sound by using a drum machine loop for the normal 4/4 bit and sampled the Bell sound you are after, off the 12" mix of Tainted Love, its isolated near the end of the song so was able to capture it into my Triton Sampler, assign a note, trigger it in the loop, hey presto... not a clone but sounds impressive! 8)

Im sure the Virus could recreate this however, but in the meantime till someone either posts a patch for it or shows you... heres another solution.

Cheers..

No recent reports of "major broblems" with Virus??? i for one am happy... no other issues out there?

Just a great big "thumbs up for Access team" as i know they get more negative than positive feedback....

Thanks for your efforts and patience guys!! :thumbup: (Especially Marc!... well done my friend....)

And a happy Xmas to you all!.. heres to next year, hope you have a prosperous New year at Access!