Beiträge von muzikman2008

If out of warranty, Take it apart and have a look.. you will prob find the key has been struck from underneath and either bent or snapped the plastic lugs on the key itself. If that is the case, then remove it (dont ask me because i never taken a virus apart), and hopefuly the broken parts are still atached, just super glue them/it back on and refit the key. if you have lost the broken bits... look at a good key and glue a bit of plastic on, similar in size, and file it so it matches. This is the "free option" or order a new key from Access.

I Replaced a key on my Roland XP80 only last week funny enough (After a Roady hit it with a mic cable and pulled it Grrr!) so its easy to do... but then i am an Electronics/Mechanical Technician :thumbup: but its easier than you think to repair.

Good Luck!

On another note. a few ideas where cast around here on the forums about soundsets... i would still like "classic" artist patches and "analog gear" patches.. i dont have much time but want these sounds... and willing to pay. but no one as stepped up to the challenge yet!!?? come on guys n gals get your programming heads on and earn some cash 8)

Yeah i agree... its nothing special.. a couple of Hypersaws and ya done! :S
    Being a long time follower of Mr Numan.. its a Moog sound to start with.. watch Youtube clip on old grey whistle test.. that will point you in the right direction watch, listen & learn ;)

Seeing as USB 3 standards are compatible with 2 & 1 i cant see it being a problem regarding any bandwith issues?? correct me if im wrong, :S

I dont use any USB 3 devices at the moment so can only go by what i have read.

I shouldnt laugh but that made me smile "was sat on the loo, track stopped and all of the sudden blasts of notes." :thumbup: mental images in my head! he he...

Anyway, hope you get your problem sorted. Sounds like a typical USB problem to me related to your DAW and it is frustrating, but all Virus's are built equal and systems are not!... so logical to me its software sending note on/off messages. Try a cheap usb to midi interface, and use standard midi ports to eliminate virus USB-Midi port probs, and see if that helps?... 8)

USB on the Virus does seem to be an issue for lots of users on these forums. I must admit, i do tend not to use the VC software unless i am sound designing or moving patches around, it is too unpredictable, however!... i have found the latest update a lot better in the fact that it syncs better with "Reaper" which is the DAW of my choice now.... anyway, I also installed a seperate USB PCIe card, and it definately improved my connection issues, even though Access support say it doesnt or shouldnt make any difference. I beleive there are so many different user setups out there it is impossible to cover everyones scenario and create a stable system for everyone. Afterall... USB is a PC interface and NOT a Virus interface exclusively, and PC technology as well as USB interfaces change almost on a monthly basis!... who should keep up with who??? the mind boggles :huh:

Each one of us Virus users has a unique set up (or you may get lucky and have exactly the same set up as Access test their software on...) so... find a system that works and stick with it (easily said than done i know) but, the USB side or "TI" total integration side of the Virus has still got a long way to go.... Try using standard Midi ports, i do most of the time and i do have less problems i must admit, but i lose the Editing and library of VC... but i learn to live with it as i love the massive Virus TI sounds!

I beleive there is a midi stand alone editor/librarian out there somewhere but i have not tried so cannot comment.

I have started to accept the virus TI as a stand alone hardware synth, and taken the TI aspect as a "bonus" or it will just drive me nuts thinking i paid £1800 for something that doesnt do what it promised... (almost)

Still love my virus tho... ^^