Beiträge von muzikman2008

Billy Curries sound is rather difficult to create it seems... seems like distortion with really slow flange emphasising the distortion on the mod wheel... i tried to create it.. i think Ultravox used some custom made FX units too, i know Warren Cann modified rhythm machines, along with custom made drum kits... cool... 8)

Come on then peeps! AtonyB et al!!!!... get a best of all your patches and compile a great sound set. It seems all the patches are here in the forums already... I would buy it ;)

I use an Edirol UA-1000 sound card and it shows errors on booting VC "incompatible buffer sizes" etc... but it works fine, but yes i now have a nag screen on booting VC which i could do without.

I dont use Virus USB audio out, I use analogue outs, and timing is a lot better than previous OS update for me. ARPs are tighter especially...

I use Reaper too, as i had too many issues with Cubase. Reaper works great for me.

Good Luck! :rolleyes:

I hate these forums sometimes... Marc is just doing his job, have a bit of respect for the guy!!! Im sure half the problems on this forum are due to "user error" and "config problems" of your own equipment. He does what he can, and tries to answer as many peoples problems as poss from what i read...

Although, i see where some people are coming from wanting VC without USB.. it would be great to have both options, but with a bit of foresight you can overcome most of these problems yourselves using different set ups. There will never be a "one solution suits all" scenario.. we all have different requirements and equipment...

Give the guy a break!... Roland, Yamaha, Korg etc... do not offer anywhere near this kind of support... :thumbup:

Its just a "pizzicato" type sound... loads of presets in Virus like it... scan thru "plucked" category, find something similar, just reduce Decay and Release time, lots of reverb decay... mix dry with wet about 70:30 and should be near it... also try syncing the arp to clock on your DAW... :thumbup:

I also have this problem with my Edirol UA-1000 10 in 10 out interface, well... not a problem but occasionaly loses the driver in ASIO mode, and no longer available, but not a Virus issue i dont think. I will try AISO4ALL driver and select buffer size in samples instead of mS. seems timing is everything on Virus... makes logical sense i suppose.

On another note, the USB midi & Arp timing is very much improved in this beta release... impressed! :thumbup:

However... if i press "search" and select "input" i can no longer select any patches with inputs ;( it worked on last beta... unless im doin something silly?... all the other categories work though... wether usb is connected or not.

Hi Marc,

I never complained about Virus not working with ACID or Cubase at all in 8 weeks of having my Virus, i know they are not supported hosts, thats why i never complained. I know its a "hit and miss" situation that some software works with virus and some doesnt, and some maybe works... such as Reaper works for me... its just frustrating when i spend all my time trying to get a £1800 keyboard to work with my DAW i have been using for years... but my point is that Access will only "approve" a compatible host that it seems fit? i may be wrong, im no expert... but Reaper is gathering a huge following now and will only get more popular, so why cant Access support it? it works!... ?(

Anyway... theres worse things in life... just making my point :love: peace!...

Marc, i know its not supported... i do not have any host that does support Virus Control... i have been using ACID & Cubase for years before i bought my Virus TI2 and am very farmiliar with ACID since version 1!... i did download Sonar X1 (Trial) and had nothing but problems! even more than ACID Pro 7 (which i would have expected more) im not a newbie to computer software but am no expert either... but am i right in assuming its how the USB interface versus Virus Control is used in a particular DAW?... weather your software works or not?... I just dont like being told what software to use because Access dont support it, that is not healthy for customer relations surely?? hmmm.. yes i know you develop "your software" around certain manufacturers software, but all things are not equal, and some people prefer other routes as to what suits their needs, so i was simply stating (and im not alone) that Reaper works with Virus Control better than either ACID Pro 7, Cubase LE4, Sonar X1, or probably any other DAW Access do not "support" I do not want another DAW im not happy with just to drive my virus.... especially to spend more of my hard earned money on... I would just use it as a stand alone hardware synth like my others. so as long as a third party comes up with a solution that suits my needs, im happy! :thumbup: Virus is a great sounding synth, but its implementation with DAWs is another issue that lots of people are not happy with, i have had mine for 8 weeks and still struggle with timing issues etc... like lots of people on this forum. Hope it gets sorted soon. "total integration" is not quite there yet...

Oops! forgot... it is a "Tip" use Reaper if you cant find a host that will work (as i did) also as i suggested in my original post... :thumbup: .

Just thought i would share this info with people struggling with a DAW that works with Virus.

I have only had my Virus about 8 weeks, and struggled getting VC and my DAW to work together as they should.

I use Sony ACID Pro 7 (latest version) and sometimes Cubase LE4 but prefer Acid for its DXi plugin support... however, i could not get either to communicate properly via USB without timing problems, glitches, etc.. and sometimes voices would sound on the virus channels, sometimes not... the usual things people complaining about. So... i decided to look at other DAW alternatives, i tried Sonar X1 (trial version) with no luck! wouldnt even see my sound card (Edirol UA-1000) inputs!.. strange as its a Roland product lol... anyway, i loved the GUI on Sonar, but no use if it doesnt work for me...

So.. i read some forums, surfed around and found a DAW called "Reaper" very cheap and user customisable interface too..£40 for a license, and their developers have a fresh approach to music software development, i thought hmmmm... interesting.. free download of trial version, no restrictions, etc... so downloaded it, and within 1 hour was creating 16 track midi song on Reaper. It works well and is the first DAW that i have ever managed to get working with Virus Control Plugin to a degree im satisfied with.

I did alot of searching for how to set up Virus and Reaper and came accross this thread on Reapers web site....

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=23866

...And here is the template to load into Reaper For Virus Setup...

http://forum.cockos.com/attach…hmentid=8312&d=1277071484

The guy who posted this saved me a lot of time and hassle (Thanks by the way).. and it just works!... (all credit to him)

For your information, i use my Virus TI2 Keyboard And Reaper with the following...

Virus Control is set for Analogue Output on all channels (worked on USB ASIO too)

Select "Live mode" in VC (bottom left of plugin)

If you set up reaper as per the above link, and record each assigned midi channel with midi monitoring on each channel enabled (tis turns local on/off on the Virus i believe)... then it works great!... :P

I wish Access would officialy support Reaper, as it is a great DAW and does everything and more that other DAWs do... Its almost the same as ACID to me and very intuitive and quick to learn, support is great, price is fantastic, i think i will be purchasing a license if all goes well after my trial period.

Hope this helps anyone who was struggling like me.... Happy Recording now i can get creative at last! :thumbup:

By the way... i am running the latest Public Beta Realease Firmware for Virus...

Hi Lonis.... Yes, i have a great collection but am running out of space... i need a bigger house! or lose some keyboards... ?( I have collected these since 1980 and had various other synths such as Ensoniq EPS16+, Korg Micro preset (my 1st ever synth in 80s), Roland D5, Roland D50, Juno 6, Juno 60 & JSQ60 Sequencer, and Yamaha DX9... Roland TR808, TR505, TR606 Drumatix Drum Machines, and lots of other bits and pieces over the years. But all the above has been sold for other purchases... or i would be drowning in tech! lol...

Hi AtonyB... just watched your clip of "complex" sounds great! and your demos are very very good too... it is very hard to recreate Numans Moogy sounds, but the Virus is definately the easiest synth to do that task. i have had it a couple of weeks now and programming is pretty easy, and powerful. I purchased the Virus almost just because i heard a guy on You Tube called "Matt Jessop" who recreated near perfect replicas (scuse the pun) of Pleasure principle patches of moogs and Odysey sounds check him out. He also claims to have written and submitted the patches to Mr Numan himself along with Ade Fenton who adapted & Tweeked abit more for his Telekon tour and Principle tour (which i went to see). I tried to get the banks of sounds of Matt but hes a bit reluctant to let em go lol... Do you have any banks of numan sounds i could have? as starting blocks. Im particularly after "Cars" as we do that in our 80s band. :P I saw Numan using the Virus live and thought WOW! its a modern moog! and the rest is history. It fits in with my current sound arsenal and supplements it all very nicely. :thumbup: Thanks for your feedback... i will post some sounds up when i have had time to master the beast....

Just got my new Virus TI2 for my birthday present (to myself of course, as no one would buy me one he he :D ) am loving the sounds, and depth of this Keyboard. Was inspired by Gary Numan as i know he uses Access Virus synths for the BIG moog type sounds, and i love that sound. I have been into synths since the early 80's played in numerous bands since the 80's, and still crave new sounds. I record a lot of my own music too with a long time collaborator, who also happens to be a keyboard player too... I enjoy programming and have a reasonable idea of how to program most synths, I own...

Roland XP80

Korg Triton Extreme 88

Korg Triton LE 64

Korg X3

Roland Juno 106

Roland SH101

Yamaha SY35

Korg Kontrol 49 (Midi Control Keyboard)

Korg Legacy (MS20 Hardware synth & M1, Poly61, Wavestation, Monopoly)

Alesis SR18 Drum Machine

And now my Access Virus TI2 Keyboard.

So as you can see... i like my Musical Gadgets. :D

I record and produce music mainly for pleasure, but when im in a new band/project program my keyboards for as near a copy to original as i can get...i like the challenge!

I am just starting to learn this beast, and its superb the amount of diversity you have, a good basic understanding of synthesis certainly helps... which i have.. but love learning new tricks and tips. I hope to get some exciting stuff off here and also contribute in the future once i have learned how to twist this infectious beast!....

Heres to many sleepless nights! :thumbup: