Beiträge von muzikman2008

When you say "noise" do you mean "hiss" or some other noise?? are you using USB or analogue outs? you say "i am using USB but audio outs"???... i can assure you the virus is NOT noisy in any way (unless you want it to be ) :o)

I would check if the noise is present through your headphones only, plugged directly into your Virus, without USB connected, also known as "stand alone" with nothing connected, this will eliminate things such as "ground hum" and also USB data interference from any connected equipment. If the noise disappears after removing external connections then your other equipment is causing problems. If it is still there, then your Virus has a problem (which i doubt)... Also, some FX are noisy by design such as distortions, which have high gain to produce...er distortion, but this would only be patch specific...

Happy noise elimination! :o)

Glad you are sorted, when we say single USB port, we mean 1 port dedicated only to the Virus.. without any other device connected consuming bandwith. There's loads of info on this subject already without repeating it... just search the forum...

Lol.. yeah i suppose 33 years in the Music business and having a PC since windows 3.1 in 1992, Working for an IT company and Working every day on servers and multi platform Data streaming networks, makes me a beginner... As Flabberbob says, i did mean uninstallers do not always remove all the files it installed regarding "virus/VCC" installations, therefore doing a "clean" install of your operating system will remove those files that were not removed initially. Manually uninstalling unwanted files can take forever! espcially if you do not know what to remove... so just clean install as it quicker... that's all i was saying.
    Good luck!

Some of the Virus FX adds to the warmth of some of the Virus patches, so i would not discount the FX when recording, infact, i have just finished a session tonight, and the Virus FX are essential as part of its design... in my opinion.. recordings with original FX for each keyboard i use seem more "independent" in the mix some how, so i would definately use the Virus FX to its "quality" strengths if you was me...just my thoughts

if USB bandwidth is reserved or not, surely the amount of traffic going through the Virus USB port is important in that the "less" data going through that port the better it is for your PC/mac/DAW?? it seems to me that a lot of users are experiencing drop out of the audio because of the limited bandwidth of the virus' USB being limited to USB 1.0 ?? yes, i know this has been discussed a million and one times on these forums, but its a logical reason for drop outs on most users set ups, be it Poor PC/Mac specs, or just general lack of users setting up their computers correctly to accommodate virus control or whatever... its a tricky problem, as some users have fast machines some have slow old useless machines.. i ALWAYS SAY and will continue to say so, if you want to use a virus with a computer, RE-INSTALL THE OPERATING SYSTEM as i can only "assume" access try their software releases on a clean machine and no other software that is going to affect their software will influence the reliability of Virus control..etc..

I drifted off topic there but, i hope you can see where im coming from... its not a simple "one solution suits all" with Virus users... this "total integration" claim is not all rosy and utopian as they want us to beleive im afraid... it takes a lot of work trying to get your system working as it should, some of us can work out the problems, some cant, but i feel like Access are pushing this problem under the carpet, which alienates a lot of new users, and could back fire on them.. but what can access do? tricky one!...

Im very happy with my Virus, ok yeah.. it has minor issues you would not expect for a £1800 synth, but it sounds F****NG AWESOME! and thats why i love it. everything else is just a bonus to me.

Anyway... enough ranting... use the Analog outs, its much much much much nicer... to my ears at any rate :o)

Try swapping to a single USB port dedicated to the Virus... this is a common problem on here... there are lots of threads on USB issues..or contact Access support... they will troubleshoot your issues...good luck

I also use the Analog outs on my TI2 its far superior sound wise, and less troublesome than using USB audio via Virus. I cant see the point in cluttering and overloading the USB bus with Audio & Midi data.. when VC over usb and audio out the analog outs is a better option. I know some people experience latency using this method but works great with my setup using reaper DAW and an Edirol UA-1000.

Analog outs are still digital signals converted to Analog signals, its just bypassing the USB stage of the Virus and sending to the analog ports instead, reducing bandwidth on virus USB port thus enabling faster transfer of sync/midi data and reducing glitching, sync probs etc... so better sound & better sync simply by avoiding using USB audio...

Keep it analog as much as possible 8)

Aftertouch works by a pressure sensitive strip that runs the full length of the keybed, and this should transmit whatever key you press, as its not on the same membrane as the note & Velocity switches, so it sounds like it is the rubber membrane contact on your C key. You just need to remove this membrane and clean ALL the full length and also the PCB contacts while you are at it.

Remove the keyboard and clean the entire rubber contacts that run along the PCB using methylated spirits. Being careful NOT to rub too hard, just wipe the contacts, or you could remove the carbon film on each note that connects the PCB to the membrane. Use a lint free cloth (so no bits of cloth remain on the areas you clean) also use a can of pressurised Air (Bay of E) to blow away any dust that could have built up. Reassemble and test.. Voila! you should now be working (including your "C" key

I have never removed a Virus keybed but have done on many others, and will be the same. Its a Fatar keybed, thats all i know....

Good luck 8)

Does it transmit note data from your midi out port?... if NOT... then it is probably your keyboard rubber membrane switch in need of a clean...

If it DOES transmit note data... then its a software related problem. try resetting your virus.

Hope that helps. :thumbup:

A Classic analogue synths pack would be nice... such as ARP and Jupiter 8, MS20, etc... one particular sound i was after and never could create is Billie Curries (Ultravox) screaming solo lead he does on his ARP synth. I would like these as my main priorities :thumbup: Thnks! heres hoping....

Why cant you reinstall your operating system??..of course you can... you don't "reformat" it you reinstall it... you only "re format" a hard drive, Reinstall your operating system... using your system restore discs, or manually...it is the only quick and reliable way of getting rid of unwanted system files causing your trouble. Or you will be spending forever and a day trying to sort this out... :thumbup:

I hear what you are not happy with definately, and it still sounds like USB problems...in the sense that it is buffer/latency issues (try increasing your settings to around 10ms) but it is not necessarily with your Virus to PC/Mac To be honest, its hard to determine as you have not provided, or there is no "reference" point or sound to listen to... :S some people like this effect!.. :thumbup: i dont get this effect on my Virus if that helps...

Like Marc says, do you hear this through headphones? WITHOUT USB connected?... this will prove either way if it it is a problem with your Virus or just the USB interface...

If it sounds fine through phones,with the USB cable unplugged!.. then look at your computer set up/hardware....

Hope that helps... 8)

Hi,
    i just listened to your sound clips, they sound "overdriven" to me, especially the first clip... but it is definately not "digital clipping" as you suggest .. that would sound like drop out on the top end of the frequency range (mainly).
    Does your Audio interface (i dont know what you are using) have any gain level settings?? sounds similar if i "up" the gain on my Korg legacy VST's.. just a thought :S

I always use Analogue midi outs, as this is the most "sterile" route for the virus.... if yu can, try that first, and if ok, then a USB issue...

Hope that helps a bit. :thumbup: