Beiträge von muzikman2008

Well.. lets clear a few things up here...

"Expecting more" is like saying i bought a new car and expect it to be serviced, maintained, updated for life!... Get in the "REAL WORLD".. aint ever gonna happen, its called innovation!...Progress, .. and companies (such as access and thousands of other small companies) need this to be profitable and invest in new technologies to give people what they want...

Waiting a year for a OS update?? poor you!.. do you know how long i have been waiting for Roland Juno Stage, Korg Triton Extreme updates?? several years!... and still none on the horizon... and i doubt there ever will be. Be grateful Access update and give you NEW features for FREE at all!... they don't have to..they are not obliged contractually to do it.. :cursing:

So you sold your Virus??..GOOD! let someone else have it who knows how to use it, as it wont be a Virus fault, as "most" of the problems are peoples PC/MAC set ups, not configured correctly... SO maybe your just being a bit hasty in getting rid.

I cant comment on Access support... i never needed it in the 2 years i have owned my Virus TI2.. mine works perfectly well.. Sync is fine, USB is fine, Sound is Awesome!.. (which is what i bought it for) 8)

Oh and as for being a "Kiss ass".. what could i possibly gain from that?? lol.. 8o Im sick of people being greedy, like in my post, and stand by that comment... I know Marc gets this crap and has to be professional in his comments, but im not gonna be insulted and let you call me a "kiss ass".. well, you can..but sticks & stones and all that...

To sum it up, We dont live in a perfect world, but we certainly live an a world of greed and and free loaders, the Virus is not "perfect" either, nor is any other synth out there,,. wake up and smell the coffee...

Now go and buy your Casio....

Love from "Fan Boy" 8)

I agree..would be nice to have Multi edits in VCC but dont you think you are asking "a bit too much" of VCC? after all this is a major software update, and ACCESS i assume have limited resources?? :S TIME=MONEY!!!

You know, when you buy something like a synthesizer, or other technological bit of gear, do you expect it to be updated for life??? maybe thats the reason they invented Analog synths, so you cant!! you dont hear them crying..."i want an update now!!!.." be grateful for what you have already, and ACCESS's FREE!!! Updates... jesus, this site annoys me sometimes X( Greed Greed Greed!!!

I agree..the search function on the virus is not ideal, but at least it seems alphabetical... and there are over 3000 sounds! on a TI2 to look for.. i think linking a sound to a name is pretty hard to do, but hey ho.. i think im gonna change my name to steve 8o

Kraftwerk used very minimalistic synths in their day, so it would be a basic 1 oscilator sound no doubt, there are a lot of bass sounds presets in the virus already... find a similar one, alter the Freq and Res a bit, and you will be not far off :thumbup:

Great video!... how come DM are only using 1 Virus on stage??? didn't get much use 8) prob having USB probs?... as i never saw any USB cables attached...hmmm.. lol.

On another note... do Access provide these "endorsee's" of their products any "unique" custom designed Operating system for their Virus' or are we all equal???

:whistling:

hmmm...

Its about time Reason supported midi out... i'm considering purchasing it now, especially since they supported audio recording too.. great software :thumbup: don't hold your breath for a rack extension tho...

Make sure "local" midi control is switched on in the config menu... (Edit config keyboard 1/5) page. Reaper switches it off when i use it..so prob same with Logic too. this will disable your keyboard. :whistling:

Hmmm.. while i dont disregard your findings, i find it hard to believe that placing the virus at an angle can affect its performance... heres why...

1. It has No moving parts inside.
    2. Its not affected by magnetic fields.
    3. Its a solid state instrument.
    4. The only influence on its operation is either by "external forces" or "software forces"

Its not like an iPod or iPhone that has Gyro/movement sensors, so why would it be affected by tilting it???
    This device is CE approved (Compatible electro magnetique approved standard) and shouldnot interfere or be interfered with electrically...

I suspect a more simple explanation.. and as you say, MY Virus is always on a flat surface in my studio, so i cant confirm if its an angle issue, but its very interesting...

:thumbup:

Hmmm.. i notice the AKG K240 headphones have a 3.5mm jack... so i assume you are using an 1/4" adaptor on them to plug into the virus...? is it a Mono or stereo adaptor? and is it screwed or pushed in all the way on the headphone to adaptor part? as this can cross the connections inside the adaptor and create a mono signal if not inserted correctly. Make sure the adaptor plug is stereo. if it was supplied with the headphones it will be a stereo one.

Also..Virus control im refering to is what is loaded into your DAW so you can edit the Virus...and the USB settings are in there for stereo, or any other routings...top right!...

To confirm its NOT your headphones, simply plug into a hifi or iPod etc see if stereo is coming out..if it is..then its config problems with your software.

Hope that helps

8)