Beiträge von muzikman2008

It definately sounds midi related rather than a hardware fault then.... press for some answers from Access support.. your not alone. I seem to recall some users with Akai gear having similar probs too... ?(

Is it Mono if you play thru the Virus physical headphone socket? or thru your laptop headphones? if on PC try changing your settings in your PCs Audio settings... prob configured mono in there. ;)

Also... check you have selected USB L+R in Virus control...and not 2 channels of L+L or R+R...

This seems to be cropping up more and more...its a midi note off command not being received in the Virus, usually through USB. try it with physical midi connections on rear of Virus using 5 pin din leads and see if that cures it... if so, get in touch with Virus Support... theres a few peeps on here with same or similar issues :wacko: look up "ghost notes" in the topics in these forums. Good Luck.
    Also..in the meantime...to stop midi notes being transmited or mute the virus..press "Mono/Sync" buttons simultaniously, also known as "Panic" in greyed lettering...

Stick with windows 7 IMO.. its more stable, and i dont think Win 8 is yet supported (although it prob works fine) with Virus TI plugins.

I use a Intel Q8300 quad core with 6Gb RAM and it works fine and track count is ..well i have never yet exceeded my PC spec yet, even with loads of Effects running in Reaper DAW.. and i have exceeded 64 tracks! however, if i felt the need to upgrade today, i would go for Intel i7 processors and as much RAM as you can afford, along with the fastest biggest drive you could afford. Also remember, that SSD drives have a fantastic read speed, but their write speed is much less. and they also are available in a variety of specs for max I/O operations too... having said all that.. its nothing to worry about as most PCs these days are super fast as long as you stick with Quad cores... 64bit is better for use of the RAM you have installed too, as 32 Bit only recognises up to 4 Gb RAM..
    As for Mac??..well..i think their processors are way slower than what is available on PC platform, although stability and software is more consistantly reliable, but thats for another topic.

Hope that helped a little bit

^^

Keyboard players are usually the sound engineer in a band, as they generally cover all the frequency range, unlike other members of the band... its good practice for you and a benefit to the band to learn recording and live mastering skills to be able to help the band gain a great live sound, as long as you are in control of course!... otherwise, its politics and lots of swearing, arguing, and peer pressure on the band to make them see the true color of music... :thumbup:

namahshaman & flabberbob

I have Virus above my Nord Stage and it has been tilted a little. Also, there are perhaps some vibrations and movements that aren't there at home: when I play on stage keyboard stand moves a little, at home it's on the table. Also, there's more sound coming from stage in general. And when left alone for a break, this sound system is playing background music.

Could Virus be more vulnerable to this kind of things? Definetily it should not, if it's for live players like they promote it. I am sure that there are (lot?) more users who have these issues but because they aren't so usual they ingnore or just tolarate them. I can also see that this isn't very new one. For example, just read a first post from this thread from 2011:

http://virus.info/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=2882

I know its a long shot, but!!! i have had this on other keyboards, and it maybe just this, maybe not!.. my keyboard stand has lugs on the tiers to stop the keyboard sliding off, and the keys used to sometimes stick on these lugs if i placed the board on the stand in the wrong place sometimes,.. my friend said "whats that drone note!??" in the studio, and my Juno was playing a note because it was wedged between the stands lug and a key... freaky!.. but it can happen. :wacko: lol.. its never happened in a gig situation it was in my studio... just a thought.. i like a mystery!!! :thumbup:

Try resetting your Virus for starters, but if it plays ok standalone, then must be your software.. does it play "C3" on another keyboard if you plug Virus Midi out to midi in on any other keyboard??... if it does its a Midi Receive prob on your software somewhere..

"...If I take all the MIDI out, the glitches don't seem to occur. So, the problem have more to do with the Virus not interacting well with the MIDI boxes. BUT, if any of you are having this problem without any MIDI hooked up, then I haven't found a solution at all. haha..."

Could it be that your other Midi receiving devices cannot handle note off data sent from the virus correctly? try connecting virus midi out directly to midi in of another keyboard and see if the problem occurs then?...

I have had hanging notes in the studio, so it may be a typical Virus problem, but it is rare it happens, i blame the USB connection for it as that is all that is connected at the time. check out the thread recently on "ghost notes" sounds like a similar problem to me....

?(

To be able to add distortion to one oscillator and keep the other dry. This would be wicked for basslines as you could distort the fuck out of a wavetable and keep a low sine wave dry...heavy basslinessssss :evil:

Cant you just use multi mode and layer the 2 said parts with the same midi channel which would give independent FX control to each part. OK, you will use 2 parts, but its the same principle in what you are trying to achieve 8)

Simply connect your master keyboard (physical) midi out to your desktop virus' Physical midi in... as for the USB being connected at the same time, this shouldn't make a difference as you should be able to use VC plugin on your mac to control your virus, and play via your master keyboard. Im not sureif there are any settings in the config menu to change, but i have the TI2 keyboard and it is identical as far as i know with the desktop version in every aspect regarding software.

The physical midi ports pass thru midi data on my keyboard from the USB port as i use this to sync a Drum machine via master clock from Reaper DAW.

Hope that helps.

8)

Would still be nice to share bugs and problems and have access acknowledge them in public rather than email support alone, at least we can see the issues are being dealt with, and users feel that their voices are being heard? just a thought :rolleyes:

Is there an actual thread for reporting bugs?

I dont frequent these forums often as i should, but... a central database of bug reporting may be good.. sorry if there is

:thumbup:

I know the mod wheel is sensitive to these issues too... even in my studio... i can select a patch and it has vibrato or whatever is assigned... (sometimes) and even during a performance it does it.. but im aware and not an issue as such, but can be a problem for others. im sure... just another piece in the jigsaw! :wacko:

I'm certain it's not OS version-dependent (happened to me with OS 3, 4 and 5) and it's not entirely patch-dependent (happened with several patches, although obviously some of them might have certain settings common)...

I agree happened on all versions for me :S

Press "o" instead of "0" and it goes to "off".. same as zero.. suppose.. i reckon the programmer got his "os" and "0s" mixed up he he.. but i agree stuff like this shouldnt be happening now... but maybe not a bug at all?.. O means off? zero is at the other end of the linear scale, ie: - 64 = zero, 128 = +64, however.. type in "64 and it goes to -64, and type in 63 and it goes to +63.. very odd behaviour... :thumbup: