Beiträge von Splaaat

Okay, you might be in some luck, if you haven't jumped ship from Reaper yet. :D Lucky for you, I switched to Reaper a week back, coming from Logic + Ableton!

So first things first, with the Virus plugin inserted on a track as a new virtual instrument in Reaper, the keyboard wasn't working. I could still trigger the sound from my MIDI controller or the Virtual Keyboard. Not sure why this happens, since it works perfectly fine in Ableton and Logic.

To rectify this, Goto the CONFIG menu on your Virus synth. A couple of menus later (3 or 4 clicks) you'll see an option for 'LOCAL'. I had to turn this ON. (Although an error pops up saying it's not recommended while using it as a plugin, but meh, it works) Not sure, why this has to be done only in Reaper, but does the trick for me now.

I do not use any of the audio outputs of the Virus. I merely use it with USB. So when I initiate the plugin, I choose 'NO' for the stereo output options.
    Next, I double click to add 3 more tracks (you can do it for all 16 if you want).

Now, assuming we are working with 'Track 2' corresponding with the 2nd patch on the Virus, click on the 'I/O' tab on the Track, which will pop up a routing option for sends and receives.

Add a new SEND, going to your plugin track.

It should then show you the send settings.

In the SEND (going to the Virus) settings, at the bottom you will find a Audio and MIDI routing tab.

In the MIDI routing tab, set the first one to ALL and the next one to the channel on the Virus you want it routed to, in this case 2.

There, any MIDI on track 2 should now correspond to patch 2 and you could do the same with the following channels.

Once setup up, group them into a folder and save as a template. Next time you open up, just load from template and you'll have your Virus ready to go within seconds.

I hope this helps, I just figured it out a couple of minutes ago and was scouting for alternative options when I saw this thread.

Similar to other DAW's, all your audio will be coming from the track with the plugin instance. You can mute/unmute and record your parts out or leave them as MIDI and finally render. Not sure if Reaper supports offline rendering for the Virus, Ableton didn't.

Good Luck! :thumbup:

I've personally given up on the Arp Sync. I just hit 'Play & Pray'. :thumbup:

It's a serious buzzkill, and I've been suffering through it for a while. I try my best to avoid the Arp and just use an external plugin.

Every version update, I pray they've got a solution. But, now I seriously feel it's the underpowered USB 1.1 or some messup with USB. Hub, no-hub, dedicated port, nothing works. Meh. :thumbdown: