Beiträge von redj

Hi nms,

Yes, I mean "recording the knob movements of the virus" (with VC open !). I don't want to do this with plugin automation because VC has a big bug in the rtas version. So I want to record knob mouvements in a midi track.

Quoted
    record an playback parameters automation via MIDI (old way style, like Virus C) and keep the use of Virus Control at the same time

is already possible.

Hi Ace17,

I try what you said and :
    - if VC is not open, it works with midi notes and midi controllers (not interresting for me)
    - if VC is open, this only works for midi notes, and not for midi controllers

Maybe I was not clear, but what I want to do is to record midi controllers (like cutoff automation) via midi with VC open. It seems that when you open VC, midi controllers moves are no more send from the virus, as the knobs control the plugin in seq mode. I can understand that, but unfortunatelly automation of VC in Protools is just unusable cause of the lots of bugs... That's why I ask for this feature.

After several tests, I found this :

- if I start to turn the Virus Control knob with my mouse, it ALWAYS write automation.
    A soon as I turn the Virus TI knob, it will write the FIRST PASS. Second pass and others will not record anymore. After that, trying to write automation with mouse fail too.

- if I start to record automation turning the virus ti knob, it always write the first pass. Second pass and others will not record anymore. After that, trying to write automation with mouse fail too.

So, writing automation WORKS WHEN YOU USE THE MOUSE.
    The thing that cause the problem is USING VIRUS TI KNOBS to write automation (of course, that's we want to do).

Hope this help you Access to find the problem.

Thx

Hi,

Please let us use USB and MIDI at the same time. (Virus cannot send or receive midi data via midi ports when in sequencer mode)

I request this cause I want to record an playback parameters automation via MIDI (old way style, like Virus C) and keep the use of Virus Control at the same time.

This would really improve my workflow and creativity.

Thx

Is it possible to use the Virus usb for only the editor, and then receive midi data over midi cables?

Only thing I hate is now automation is a pain to figure out which controller does what, and I have lost the ease of use of the editor. Please access, please fix the RTAS implementation of this.

I really want this too ! For a lot of reasons, recording and playing knobs automation moves is much better and easier to do with a midi track.

Please access, improve the rtas version.