Beiträge von orys

Dear Orys,
    Please see the email I sent you a few minutes ago. You listed Ableton Live in the setup specs of the first email you sent, hence my assumption that you use Aleton Live at least to sequence the unit even if you would not use the Virus TI Control plugin.

Also we do not have "fixed" email answering times at all. This was probably more of a coincident.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

Dear Jorg, i'll do what you asked me. I mentioned the times you answer just to point out that when you answer i am already asleep and cannot reply when you're online.
    I wasn't actually complaining. ;)

Jorg,

I already replied to your email.
    First of all i'd like to thank you for your prompt reply and your support.
    I spent all night to try and spot these 2 presets i had found but let's say i did not.
    I don't feel unlucky for not spotting them but lucky not to as this might prove that the problem just went away.
    I really don't know what to think.
    Electronics are electronics. If something is broken it wont be fixed by just letting it rest like humans ;)
    It's weird though because once, i had bought an XT with a fried mosfet and the synth had no output.
    When i replaced the mosfet still the synth had no output. After a few minutes it started working and since then it gave me no other problems.
    I really don't know why.
    Maybe some electronic components just need some time to bed in?

Anyhow, the patches were not similar. I think one was in RAM A and the other in RAM B. The first one was an evolving pad meaning it had long release decay and had that small indicator to the right upper corner of the synth almost full. What is that? Is it cpu usage or something?
    The second patch i don't remember at all.
    I didnt have to do much for the error to appear. Just play the synth for a few seconds. didnt even had to press more than 2 keys at a time. After let's say 10-15 seconds bank and it was there.
    I'll try ALL patches today ans see how it goes..

can i load the factory presets of TI2 on my TI1 polar?
    i seem to have banks T to Z empty when i use VCC to restore to factory presets.
    Also no multi presets.
    Please bear with me on this.
    I am new to Virus.
    Can you give me the factory backup of TI1 to load on my Polar please?

thanks in advance.

Tio

hello,

I have purchased a TI Polar recently.
    I noticed that one of the keys was not working so I took the synth to a pro to get it fixed.
    Probably I will end up paying a fortune for a 5-minute job, but opening up the synth would be a complete pain..........

I haven't had a virus before, so what concerns me the most is the following:
    Even with one key not working, i noticed some problems with a few patches (two out of 300 so far actually). The synth somehow was crashing for a few seconds and there was no sound. I would hear something like an explosion/ reverb/ delay (i really don't know how to describe it), as if you pull the cable from the guitar when playing on an amp with heavy reverb and delay effects, bang and then no sound. After a few seconds of pressing just the keys without hearing any sound or maybe a few crackles could be heard as if there was going to appear some sound but was cut immediately, the sound came back again. After a few seconds the same happened and it disappeared and then apeeared and it went on and on. Is that normal? On lets say a ratio of 1 patch out of 127 ?
    Please note that i didnt even connect the synth on the computer. I was testing without the Total Integration.

The synth was already running the latest software 4.5.3.00. I did run the upgrade again though and reflashed the 4.5.3.00 to make sure that it wasnt some corrupted software or something, but sadly the problem remained.
    As you understand i am pretty concerned as to whether the synth has any other problem that just one non working key which i expect to be an easy fix. I need to know before the repair guy spots one of those patches and rips me off totally.
    He's gonna tear my @rse apart if he lists this as another problem.

Let me know please.
    Tio

hello,

I have purchased a TI Polar recently.
    I noticed that one of the keys was not working so I took the synth to a pro to get it fixed.
    Probably I will end up paying for a 5 minutes job but opening up the synth would be a complete pain..........

I haven't had a virus before, so what concerns me the most is the following:
    Even with one key not working, i noticed some problems with a few patches (two out of 300 so far actually) that the synth somehow was crashing for a few seconds and there was no sound. I would hear something like an explosion/heavy distortion/ reverb/ delay (i really don't know how to describe it), as if you pull the cable from the guitar when playing on an amp with heavy reverb and delay effects, bang and then no sound. After a few seconds of pressing just the keys without hearing any sound or maybe a few crackles as if there was going to appear some sound but still nothing, the sound came back again. After a few seconds the same happened. Is that normal? On lets say a ratio of 1 patch out of 127 ?
    I need to know before the repair guy spots one of those patches and rips me off totally.
    He's gonna tear my @rse apart if he lists this as another problem.

Let me know please.
    Tio