Beiträge von Kauppe

Ruari I'm already in the UK so I could probably throw it down the street to you.

But sadly (for you), I finally got the blasted thing working. By a combination of waiting for the wind to blow the right way, making sacrifices to Dark Gods, uninstalling / reinstalling drivers several times, and the Virus OS once, powering up/down while holding different buttons whilst dancing around a dead chicken, and randomly replugging USB devices while cursing the inventor of it and laughing at the "Universal" in the name, somehow, Ableton does indeed now "see" it - Marc.

I now get, as expected, Virus TI Synth and Virus TI MIDI showing up correctly in Ableton's midi preferences. I also get those 2 as routing choices on each clip or track strip, which is what I had previously under the old TI OS.

Things that might have made a difference: reinstalling the TI OS (takes FOREVER, and opening up Firefox to look at the internet while waiting, or doing anything at all, even moving the mouse, caused the OS update to fail... took me 3 times to learn that) / trying my millions of USB devices in different plugs (mouse, keyboard, TI, that's all! ffs) / uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling the driver and using a different USB port for 2nd step of installation, etc etc.

One odd error that cropped up once was that Windows 7 complained that the Virus drivers were not correctly digitally signed. I think I successfully got it to ignore that though.

I spoke too soon.

2nd BSOD of the night - VirusUSB.sys to blame.

NO idea what I am doing wrong - assuming it's me and not the Virus - it seems that it has become a flakey piece of crap after upgrading the OS.

Anyone want to buy it off me? It's worth all of, ooh, $10 to me now.

Hi

I've just about had enough of my TI...

Anyway, after doing an immensely length and multiple-crashing OS re-install, and farting about forever with different USB ports, Windows 7's (64-bit edition) device manager reports that the TI is all present and correct, as does the Virus Control Centre.

However in Ableton (yes, using 32-bit VST, the 64-bit one doesn't get seen by Ableton) I do not see the options to route to "Virus TI Midi" or "Virus TI Synth" that should be there (they used to be). The Virus doesn't show up as a device in the MIDI settings.

Anyone have any clue why this is? SURELY it's supposed to show up?

Any suggestions before I throw the damn thing out of the window / on to eBay?

Cheers
    Tim :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Hi,

Cheers for this, I will investigate USB3 more closely then. The mobo is an Asus P9X79 Pro and the OS is Win7 64 bit.

Thing about MIDI is, it all works fine so long as the Virus isn't connected via USB. When it is, the analog MIDI disappears. I definitely had the Virus set up to use both at once very successfully until a few days ago when the Virus OS updated!

Would be a shame to use the Virus in MIDI-only mode as I do like the "TI" aspect very much, it's worked great for me for around a year ... until this irksome OS update! But I can see this might be the way I have to go X(

Tim

Hi

I recently upgraded my PC and had to reinstall everything - including Ableton and the TI suite.

When I installed the TI software, and plugged in the TI, it automatically updated the OS from 3.something to 4.5 (?)

And now in Ableton, I no longer see "Virus TI MIDI" and "Virus TI Synth" as options, and the Virus doesn't appear in Ableton's MIDI config screen. I want to use the MIDI in on the TI (it's the desktop/rack version) from my master keyboard. In my old setup, I had the master kbd going in to the TI and from there to other bits and pieces, routed in Ableton accordingly. However the MIDI In no longer responds while Ableton is running. It works fine if I disconnect USB / turn off Ableton.

I also discovered that the TI doesn't like being plugged into a USB3.0 port... if I use that, the TI vst doesn't start properly in Ableton, it waits a while and then starts (after first saying it can't see a TI - it does see it after ~10 seconds).

So in summary I have 3 probs:
    1) no longer see Virus midi routing options
    2) MIDI In doesn't route when TI is running as plugin in Ableton
    3) Definitely not possible to use TI on USB3.0? or something else wrong?

Any tips?

Is this anything to do with the OS update (on the TI)? If so is it possible to reflash back to 3.x?? I wouldn't have thought that would be a great step...

Thanks
    Tim

Hi

I recently upgraded my PC and had to reinstall everything - including Ableton and the TI suite.

When I installed the TI software, and plugged in the TI, it automatically updated the OS from 3.something to 4.5 (?)

And now in Ableton, I no longer see "Virus TI MIDI" and "Virus TI Synth" as options, and the Virus doesn't appear in Ableton's MIDI config screen. I want to use the MIDI in on the TI (it's the desktop/rack version) from my master keyboard. In my old setup, I had the master kbd going in to the TI and from there to other bits and pieces, routed in Ableton accordingly. However the MIDI In no longer responds while Ableton is running. It works fine if I disconnect USB / turn off Ableton.

I also discovered that the TI doesn't like being plugged into a USB3.0 port... if I use that, the TI vst doesn't start properly in Ableton, it waits a while and then starts (after first saying it can't see a TI - it does see it after ~10 seconds).

So in summary I have 3 probs:
    1) no longer see Virus midi routing options
    2) MIDI In doesn't route when TI is running as plugin in Ableton
    3) Definitely not possible to use TI on USB3.0? or something else wrong?

Any tips?

Is this anything to do with the OS update (on the TI)? If so is it possible to reflash back to 3.x?? I wouldn't have thought that would be a great step...

Thanks
    Tim

Hi Jörg,

Thanks! Well, I copied your settings and it is now working (I can hear the audio input) although I'm sure those were the settings already! (maybe it was the old turn-off-and-on-again that did the trick...)

OK so I now have audio coming in, and I can hear it even when the TI is running through Ableton. I can also use the various atomizer presets with variously cool results. However - I can always hear the original audio, and I don't understand where it's routing to/from in Ableton, so I can't mute it. Obviously I could just somehow record my input onto an audio channel but that wouldn't be very "live" would it.

I don't have (as far as I can tell) the TI set up to work as an audio input in Ableton - I have a separate Firewire interface and that's the only one that shows up in Ableton's config.

I can see my sound source lighting up the meter on my TI's main channel but even turning off that channel, I can still hear the input source faintly.

Ideally I'd like to hear only the result of using an atomizer, and not the unaltered input. Any suggestions?

Hi

I'm trying to route external audio into the virus TI, through filters maybe, then into Ableton.

I am stuck at actually getting any audio into the TI and hearing it. I have plugged a device (a stylophone, in fact!) into the audio input L/R but I don't hear any sound out of the virus. I have tried the various input thru settings in the Config menu.

This is before even turning Ableton on (and yes I have the virus set up fine with Ableton, have had for some time, but this is the first time I am trying external audio!) - surely I should be able to hear something through the headphones, other than the virus's internal sounds (which I can hear fine).

Any clues please, anyone?