Beiträge von Elmaz

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if theres a way to have the phaser rate match the tempo of the track its played on? The tempo is 120bpm and I'm hoping to have it clocked at an equivalent 2/1.

I've had a look online but haven't seen anything address this specifically for the Virus TI.

Cheers

Great, Yeah you've answered the main question I had regarding the differences between Detune and Semitone. Thanks heaps. Now to sink my teeth in!

Hi Guys,

I'm really starting to wrap my head around the different ways to affect sound on synths. I currently have the Virus TI but feel I've come up against something. What is the difference between the 'Semitone' and 'Detune 2/3' parameters?

I originally believed the 'Semitone' knob changed the pitch of the selected oscillator, making the waveform shorter or longer depending on whether '-' or '+' and the 'Detune 2/3' knob didn't change the pitch of the waveform but just its phase. That is the 'Detune 2/3' would still have the same pitch but would shift it along, that is to say OSC2 would be exactly the same waveform as OSC1, just beginning later depending on turning of the 'Detune 2/3' knob.

However further reading makes me believe the 'Detune 2/3' knob changes the phase of either OSC2 or OSC3 by either making the waveform shorter or longer. If this is the case, how is this different from the 'Semitone' knob?

My questions are:

1. How exactly does detuning work?
    2. How is this different from the Semitone knob?
    3. Is there a way to have OSC2 as the same waveform, but with it just out of phase.

I've found little help online so far, the closest thing being this thread but it still doesn't answer my question. http://www.gearslutz.com/board…tion/330781-detuning.html

Cheers Guys.

Yeah I've read these, they talk about how to use automation in Ableton. I suppose your addressing my second query.

Primarily as I've outlined I want to know how to view all the parameters in the automation menu from the drop down box (box shown as #5 in chapter 18.4). As mentioned other comments I've read suggest that the list should be preloaded onto the master Virus TI track when Virus is taken to the midi track but I don't have this. Another method I've seen is there appears to be a structured list the Virus can communicate to Ableton, without the need of twisting each knob individually (as per the url posted in the original comment). I believe the last method is using midi cc.

Even if theres a bit of a muck around behind the scenes and then I have to save it as a template i don't mind provided I can get it right. I'm just hoping someone can explain to me how to set this up because currently its not there as I've seen it online. If you require further details of my set up fire away. I've just updated my Virus OS to version 5 and Ableton is currently operating on 8.2.

Cheers.

Hi Guys,

I've had the Virus TI Polar for a while now and am starting to get serious about my production.

I'm wanting to draw in automation from the Virus onto different midi clips. I've looked over a few threads in the forum and the Ableton and Virus manuals and still am not able to achieve what i'm after. What i'm after is:

• Drop down list of different parameters that can be automated, including the parameters listed with the LFO's.

• Ability to draw in automation for different tracks, potentially using the same parameter.

I'm aware under the 'configure' mode of the VC in ableton I can manually select the parameters I'm wanting to change however i don't want to overlook anything and from what I've read there should be a prepopulated drop down list. This drop down list should detail the varying parameters at least in the main Virus TI midi track, this is not the case with me.

I would be open to using midiCC which from what I've read is just a drop down list of different numbers which requires referencing to another table to identify the parameters. I've seen the following list a bit online which would be useful except again I don't know how to setup the different midi CC parameters in Ableton. Reading the Ableton manual or forums hasn't helped me figure this out either. The fact that I've seen this list get around and that its so useful to many indicates to me that there is a prepopulated and formatted list the Virus can provide to Ableton, how do I set this up?
    http://elektron-users.com/inde…oc_view&gid=520&Itemid=30

I'm aware that my drawing in automation query is reliant to me setting up the automation correctly first however from what I've read this seems a bit confusing and could do with clarification whilst the questions being asked.

Any help with this guys would be greatly appreciated. It's really starting to become frustrating on my end.

Cheers