Beiträge von matiki

Happy to report that MIDI from MPD226 controller works perfectly too! With some midi interfaces it might be the case that the SYSEX size is too big or comes in too fast for them to handle.

Zitat

2) When you fetch a patch and do not even see an error, it means nothing, or something unrecognizable is received by the app. Are you sure the synth receives the fetch command? Can you try to start a patch dump using the SAVE menu on the synth? If so, does it work, or do you see an error? Please let me know.

ESI MIDIMATE II doing a sysex dump from virus hardware works!

Zoom U-44 no luck even from hardware. Incomplete Error 526

Just got the app and I really like it, but I'm having some troubles too.

My model is Virus TI Snow:

• Zoom U-44 partially working, but "Fetch from VIRUS" or dump from the hardware always results in "Received SYSEX Dump is incomplete (x)" where x is some number eg. 11 or 526. Midi notes get sent from app, hardware knob movements are mirrored in the app and patch edits in the app get sent to Virus fine.
    • ESI MIDIMATE II same as above, but no visible error messages. Just doesn't receive the patch.
    • Yamaha UX16 works fine! I'm able to "Fetch from VIRUS" successfully. I did get one communication error while testing where I had to restart the app to fix them

Hopefully these get fixed at some point as I'd prefer using my Zoom interface.

Quick Time Player (10.2) wont start any video that I tried (mov & mp4) when using Virus TI Snow as the audio interface. Quick Time Player throws an error "...could not be opened. An unknown error occurred (-101)". In addition VLC wont output any sound but plays video just fine. Switching to internal speakers resolves all issues.

Oddly Quick Look works perfectly for the same media. System sounds work, iTunes and DAW (ableton) work perfectly. Bit weird.

Specs:
    * Mac Mini OS X 10.8.5
    * Virus TI Snow 5.0.2.01

Virus Control & Virus hardware work just as expected. The issue is with the DAW (Logic) "seeing" the same parameter values.

Workflow:
    * Start Logic
    * Load Virus Control into a software instrument track (Part 1 will be "-Init-")
    * Hit "A" on keyboard (open automation mode)
    * Select automation "Virus Ti Sn" -> "Part 1" -> "[1] AmpEnv Attack". This should be value 0. Automation line should be of color black as we haven't made any changes (shows the value it's getting from the synth)
    * Hit "A" on keyboard again (close automation mode)
    * In Virus Control or Actual synth change patch to "Veldisa BC" or any other that's supposed to have AmpEnv Attack different than 0.
    * Hit "A" on keyboard again (open automation mode)
    * "[1] AmpEnv Attack" is still showing value 0, but should show value from the currently selected patch (for "Veldisa BC" it's 13).

Of course this isn't a major issue, but a small nuisance in an otherwise amazing synth! Cheers :)

Hi,

I'm sorry if this issue has been discussed before, but it seems that when I change patches on my Virus TI Snow the active patch parameters aren't reflected to the DAW (in this case Logic). Issue is clear when using a hardware controller (eg. mackie, touchosc). This causes nasty parameter-jumps if one is not careful of the settings in Virus.

Has any1 else been affected by this and/or found some fix?

Cheers.

Hi,

Could someone confirm if there are, or could possibly be, any side effects on filtering out "Active Sensing" MIDI messages that the synth constantly sends out. At the moment I'm using an app called MidiPipe to filter these messages completely and everything seems to work as expected.

I need to do this because I'm running LC Xmu to turn my MIDI controller to Logic Control device and these "Active Sensing" messages are crashing the app.

Cheers in advance :)