Beiträge von r010159

Sync is not on. Switching it from poly to mono mode seemed to do the trick. I will investigate this soluttion further. I should of spent more time investigating the problem instead of automatically posting a question. I am still getting used to getting around the user interface. My apologies.

Bob Graham

PS: That was a speedy reply! Thankyou!

Hello!

Is there a "free running" version of the LFOs, one that does not start its cycling at every keypress? Or if not, is there a way around this limitation?

Thankyou!

Bob Graham

Are you being serious Marc ? You really want me to make a project with one small 4 bar miidi clip with a few notes on it. Wouldn't it be better for access to get an the latest iMac with all the latest drivers and RELIZE there is a problem ???

Doesn't It mean anything to ACCESS that people are selling there crap and writing bad reviews everywhere.

<rest of quote skipped>

Ranting will not solve your problems. When dealing with customer support, you must realize that they have established procedures. And this means that you will have to "jump through hoops" before they will give you more dedicated help. This is true with all the customer support departments that I have had to deal with. This is normal, and for their own reasons, have been determined necessary. At the same time, you should be documenting anything that is possibly relevant. Help them help you.

Bob Graham

I had this unusual problem that took me a about a week to fix with help. I want to share this experience just in case others may end up having the same problem. And I want to know why the solution worked.

I just purchased a used Virus TI keyboard off of Ebay. Every time I plug it into the wall power socket, I hear a humming noise on my monitor speakers. It is very distracting. The synth can be turned off and still this happens. I did not think this is normal. The synth is plugged directly into the powered monitors. And I noticed both the power cable to the synth and to the monitor speakers do not have a third prong on the plug end for ground.

Guess what the solution is? A DI box and balanced cables did not fix the problem. I found that the problem went away when I grounded the chassis of the synth! Is this because the sheilding to the power supply works better at filtering out EMI when there is a good ground? Or is there just some sort of basic grounding problem, particularily with both the synth and the monitors not having a good ground? I do not know, but this is how I solved my problem.

A more interesting question comes to mind. Why was the Virus TI designed without a good ground through its power cable? Most electronic systems that I am aware of use a three pronged plug, effectively grounding the chassis and the internal electronics. IMO this is apparently good desigh practice, particularily for audio components.

Maybe a person much more experience than I can comment on this. I really want to understand what happened.

Thank you for your time. :)

Bob Graham