Beiträge von 5f043f3e0d4a270d206dc21bb177afe3

Good Morning All,

I must say that I am really enjoying the new OS release (5.0.8.00)!!!

This has to be the most stable and best sounding release I have ever heard, WOW...

The updated audio driver works a treat aggregated to my Apogee duet 8o

Marc, please can you personally thank Jörg Hüttner for his help/support :thumbup:

Once again proving why Access produce and support the best synth on Earth!

Cheers,

Aron Brookes :thumbup:

Hi,

I would just like to thank access for their latest 'beta' update. Not only did they fix a bug I found, they added a nifty feature too.

YOU CAN NOW AGGREGATE THE VIRUS WITH OTHER AUDIO INTERFACES!!!!

Since I am using the apogee duet as my main audio interface, the flexibility of extra I/O this has presented to me is just great.

Once again proving just why Access remain at the forefront :D

Cheers Access :thumbup::thumbup:8o:D:P;)

What was the analog audio path like in all cases? Virus->monitors / Virus->soundcard->monitors / etc.
    Try this: take the plugin's return audio track and add an EQ at the end of its FX chain, with multiple hi-passes and lo-passes (say 3 of each). Start with all hi-passes at 20Hz and all low-passes at 20kHz, and slowly nudge them towards each other, while you are testing the Virus sound. Does it recreate the same perception of the sound?

Hi flabberbob,

Thankyou for taking the time to reply.

My signal path is Virus > apogee Duet2 > Monitors, and I am in a treated room with SDJ08 monitors.

But yes, I do hear the difference even when the virus is used as a sound card.

I have tried what you suggested, and while it does improve the overall clarity etc of the sound, its not even close to what I am witnessing.

I have analysed the signals, and It would appear that the RMS level is significantly higher for some reason when using the virus without VC. I placed the virus in single, multi and sequencer mode and played it via external midi (without VC running) and the sounds are alive. Fire up virus control, and raise the volume levels to match; and the sounds are not so alive.

The usb doesn't sound bad; I'm very impressed with It and will continue to work with the virus over usb, but the only way I can get close to the sound is to add limiting/compression.

But logically thinking, it could be that the soft limiting is only applied when VC is not running. The specs seem to suggest that soft limiting is optional (user selectable), but access support has since informed me that it is not.

Cheers,

Aron.

Hi Everyone,

I have always used the virus Control plug in, and either bounced sounds down over usb, or analog outs (direct monitor).

Today, I got bored and thought I would give single mode a play with.

WOW!! The patches are more wider, brighter and deeper than any sound I have ever got from the Virus.

Just to make sure that it wasn't a volume thing, I compared the single mode at half the volume of the sequencer mode, and it still sounded better to my ears.

Has anyone else noticed this, or just me?

Cheers,

Aron.

Thx for your reply!

Ok I ran the installer.
    But when I opened up Cubase 7 it didnt recognize my TI, i followed the instruction by unplugging, holding down arp edit key etc,
    then it said I had a ''version mismatch''. It told me to open up Virus control center, went to ''os updater'' and reinstalled the OS 5.0.3.00 throughout Virus Control Center.
    When it was done I went into cubase again but It still said it was a mismatch!

What should I do?

Hi there,

Ive had this before, its basically telling you the vst version is different the the actual virus ti virsion.

First uninstall virus control using the uninstal app (access folder in applications), anx restart your mac.
    then reinstall virus control.
    Then check the virus os number which is displayed on the lcd at bootup is correct (5.0.3.00).

let me know ho this goes,

Cheers,

Aron.

Hi there,

You can run the software as is (I did), and it will tell you exactly what to do.
    Just be aware that you could lose any patches you created. As such I always advise backing up your patches.

Cheers,

Aron.

Thx for the quick answer!

Ok I downloaded the 5.0.3.00 version, I use mac OSX btw.
    Should I just run the installer just like that? or should i do something else first before installing?

Hi there,

you can the installer as is, but be aware that you may lose the patches you created.
    As such I advise always to backup your patches before doing an os update.

When you run the software, it will tell you what to do.

cheers,

Aron.

Hi all,

how about genre specific tutorials to start beginners off with programming...

For example, a trance boot camp that shows how to create a basic pad, sub bass, rolling bass and lead.

This at least will put noobs on the starting block, which I think a bootcamp should do...

Cheers,

Aron.

I have the exact same noise error! And I just got my virus TI2 Desktop ;(
    Should I return it or will this be fixed??

Hi mate, na don't return it as it isn't broke in the first place! You simply have the BETA operating system on it.
    BETA OS versions are tested by Access, but very much still in the development stage... bugs are to be expected.
    To void problems in future, only download the released OS... you will find it in the download area, look for OS 5.0.3.00

Hope this helps mate,

Aron.

Well, with the messy thing you need to listen to the audio file I've added with. It sounds like there's another sound in it with a LFO which rate is changing, from fast to slow.
    When I just let it play a few times, it's gone. When I'm stopping the sound and wait a few seconds, it's there again.

Audio: http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/3109957/file.html

And I have to learn the virus by myself too, I know most of the general subjects.

Hi there,

try removing the noise osc from your patch... has the mess gone?

If the mess has now gone, you more than likely are using the latested beta version of virus os.
    If this is the case, simply downgrade the virus os to the previous release (i.e. not beta) and your problem will go.

I believe it is a bug in the latest beta version, i.e. lfo modulated white noise within the noise oscillator over usb...
    Access are always improving and evolving their product, one of the reason i love the virus!

Have fun ...

Aron

I have just listened to the .mp3 that the OP uploaded and this is EXACTLY the same sound I was referring to in the above post; its the noise OSC when streaming over USB (Hardware outs are fine).
    I suggest the OP downgrades from the latest beta OS version, and uses the last stable OS.

Cheers,

Aron.

Good afternoon all,

I had the same problem after updating my virus to the latest beta.

I think there is a bug with the white noise oscillator itself...

Those of you who have upgraded to the latest OS, try taking an INIt patch, turn the noise oscillator volume up and turn the osc vol/saturation slider to the left (to isolate the noise).
    If you listen carefully, what do you hear?

At this point I am getting what sounds like an oscillator superimposed on the noise signal; it falls in pitch and rises again.
    It is VERY repeatable, and ALL modulations are OFF (I checked).

NOTE: only happen over usb; hardware outputs are fine.

Have a look at the patches giving you problems guys, does it use the white noise osc? If so, remove it, has the problem gone?

If this is the case, there is a simple fix, do as I did and put the released version back on (problem solved).

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Aron

Every hardware synth i own uses exactly the same method of programming ADSR and other parameters (ie 0-127) so while from an academic perspective knowing the calculation method would be interesting, from a sound design perspective i think it would likely just confuse people as they design by ear...

got a scope handy to do some measurements?..if not i could run a couple,

cheers

Hi there,

Thankyou for the kind offer, yeah I have a scope so I can measure it later on today.

I understand where your coming from with the complexity thing, I am not suggesting changing any thing on the hardware; playing with the knobs if so much fun as it is.
    However, turn attack knob to 100 and Virus Control status bar shows 100. It could show 100 (2.5 Sec) and that hopefully will not be confusing to anyone?

Cheers,

Aron

Hi Access Staff and Virus TI owners alike,

Some of the more technically minded people would really appreciate the actual Attack, Delay and Release times for the envelopes to be displayed somewhere within Virus Control.
    Im an electronics engineer, a setting of 0 - 127 is meaningless in relation to time for me. When I turn the attack to say 100, It would be handy if Virus Control shows for example 250mS etc.

Even some method to calculate the parameters would be handy.

Best Regards,

Aron :D