Beiträge von Insider

Help, ive got this problem with virus ti snow, im running in an i7 quadcroe gforce gt540m. Everything seems to install fine, but when opening the vst it shows up this blank screen. The application is running and i can play the keyboard though.

Ive tried vst3 version and same thing...

Alsotried to reinstall already an still nothing.

Any sugestions someone?

Honestly, i really dont get why then access would provide me a default usb cable together with the virus pack wich is not properly shielded to use with the virus analog outs...

Ok sorry for not being specific.

I actually own an RME Fireface UC + VIRUS TI SNOW and 2 jack to jack cables.

What i still cant understand is what kind of cable im suppost to use exactly? When i read about balanced cables i see only XRL(Canon) types and no JACK ones(the virus TI out and RME input are JACK).

I bought a pair of those guitar cables bu im not shure if those are balanced ones.

What would be a JACK balanced cables? does it need to have 3 ring conductors on each plug to be balanced?

Thanks alot!

Dope answer flabberbob!!

Made various updates; firmware, chipset, nvidia drivers and at least until now seems to be working superb through USB! Little tricky to tell if is fixed due the fact it was an intermittent issue. I'll keep update if it comes back!

Anyway im gonna try to take a look on the sound through the analog outputs directly. I read in couple of feedbacks about mostly users giving preference to the reliability of the analog outputs audio quality.

Thanks alot for the support!

:thumbup:

Hello guys,

I've been struggling alot arround with this litte big issue that im having since a log time.

Very often i get a dirty background cracklingly whitenoise alog with any preset sound on my virus TI snow. I suspect that this is somenthing to do with the USB ports in it self.

Im shure I have a usb2.0 ports on my computer(8gb ram ddr3 4core i7 2,0ghz) but its being really impossible to record a sound with this annoying crackling sound.

Samples rate different settings dosen't change much.

So im trying to figure it out how to use my virus with the audio coming out through the outputs of virus to my Fireface UC inputs. But im not able to get sound out of it!!

Im trying to sent midi signal to the synth through the sound card but still can't do it.

I wonder if there is any specific way to connect the midis some how?? I must be missing somenthing. Not quite used with those midi settings and connections.

:S

I dont know is this is a basic question but... how do i get to work my virus snow through the output options on the vst channels? Im really struggling with it and im not shure how to set it up in cubase.

Same problem here, when i have a small project open, not a problem, everything works fine, but when i open massive projects there is this constant cracklings and pops sounds on virus althought im not getting bad vst performance by the cracklings.... im using virus ti snow last OS5, i already tried also to change the buffer size, have dedicated usb port for it, 64bits version in windows 7 and cubase 5 studio 64bits, processor intel corei7 quadcore 2ghz 8gb ram ddr3 3mb cache and 600gb HD.

Im kinda lost with it and its being very fustrating specially cause i have it only for 4 months and it wasn't happening that at the beggining... im not shure what could be that.

Some time it goes away by it self when i try to change some settings, but then after closing cubase and reopening the noises come back...

I hope we can find a solution for it :cursing: