Beiträge von optik

I don't think you should fear going back to not using asio4all, the delay caused by the odd buffer size is unperceivably short and worst thing about it is the annoying popup.

that's interesting - I thought it must have been something fundamental to warrant a popup!
    The advantage of using Asio4all is that I should be able to use the Virus as an extra set of ins - it would be quite useful to have another pair at the moment
    T

I've recently rediscovered the joys of plugging my external synths and FX into cubase via steinbergs external FX and external instruments functionality, but I am rather limited by my audio cars 8 out 2 in capability.
    does anyone have any reccomendations for a 8+ input audio card that has few or none preamps? - I rarely use microphones, and if I did I'd rather use the preamps that are on my desk, so I'd rather not pay for unwanted features on the card.
    Also, digital inputs are pretty useless to me - unless spmeone suggests, for example, an adat card with an external adat input module - none of my synths and FX except for the virus have any kind of digital outputs.
    what i really want is a firewire interface that looks like a 19" rack box with 16+ real, jack inputs on it that I can plug my gear into and 10+ real. jack outputs that can go to my mixer/FX units etc.
    I also don't want to spend a huge ammount, as this should be pretty simple without the fancy preamps etc. I don't care about DSP mixing, or DSP effects or level meters..
    and it's got to play nice with the virus!
    any suggestions would be welcomed
    cheers
    TS

Hi everyone -
    i'm having a strange issue that may be a bug. I'm being forced to use Asio4all as my focusrite audio card does not conform to my virus's desire to have 128 or 256 sample buffers, but I've noticed that the virus audio interface reports itself as having 2 outs and 6 ins rather than correctly reporting 2 ins 6 outs - this is causing isues as I'd like to use the capacity of asio4all to use both the inputs on my Focusrite card and the inputs on my virus to patch in some external FX in my studio.
    Has anyone else noticed this? it seems like a problem in the way the Virus talks to Asio4all
    let me know if you are having the same issue.
    PS aiso4all is the feb beta.

Win 7 X64 + Cubase 6.5 32 bit/54bit + virus 5.01 works perfectly for me - I used to have issues with BSODs when I added the virus control VST3 to a project that already had music/other VST in it, now i don't get the BSOD!

seems stable and i'm not getting pops/click or crackles

Intel motherboard running an I7, using the on-board USB and followed the installation instructions (making sure I chose a USB port with no other devices)

I did not remove the previous version before I updated.

I resisted the update for a while due to some of the feedback on here, but I'm glad I did it now!

T

it happens to me a lot, I think I'm working on the sound that I'm playing with my sequencer, but the little box in virus control is actually on a seperate sound slot and I end up either changing the sound or modifying a parameter before I realise that I'm messing up a sound that I'm not playing! I often go to browse and load up a sound into the wrong slot by mistake and then can't remeber the sound that was originally there to fix the problem, so i need to relaod the project which takes minutes.
    can we have an undo button that steps back through the last 5 things you did in VC please?
    I can't believe this hasn't been asked for before, but I did search

I've not found a way to do this, although there may be one.

I'd like to know exactly how much of the DSP power is being used when I play back my sequencer. A % box in virus control would be really useful as it's sometimes hard to tell if notes are dropping out when you have a complex arrangement going.

The current five bar system is pretty useless now, as most sounds i am tempted by tend to use 5 bars! in addition to the fact that in multi mode, you can only see the bar for one instrument at a time.

I don't mind the lack of polyphony as long as I'm aware of it.

T Shark