Beiträge von RSweatMusic

Just bumping this thread up again for those of us that are still having the non-functional VST/AU issue. Is there any fix in sight? We've been pretty patient (told that we would have a solution or at least a temporary one over a month ago). The support here is moving with the consistency of molasses. Didn't put money into this device to have it collect dust and output noise that is horrendous.

What I am running in case this is valuable information in some way:
    Mavericks 10.9
    Ableton Live 9.1 Suite - Functioning
    NI Audio Kontrol 1 (USB) - Functioning
    NI Maschine MK2 (USB) - Functioning
    Virus Snow (Have tried both 5.04.02 & 5.03.00) (USB)

Prior to updating to Mavericks I was running Snow Leopard and everything was functioning great. I will not revert back to SL as I have already purchased new software that requires a more current OS, hence the upgrade to 10.9. Really not too thrilled about an overpriced paper weight sitting next to me. That is about all the Snow is good for at this moment in time which is frustrating as it is a major player in my music (absolutely love using it). I know nothing I have said here is helping the situation, but this is where we look to for answers. So what is up, what the deal?

I'm wondering if the Virus produces this sound at its own will, or it is told to do so by your DAW. Try to power up your system as you usually do, only with all the MIDI cables disconnected and listen to the input. Is the high pitched noise still there?
    Maybe you can upload a sample of what it sounds like.

Thank you for taking the time to address this issue, much appreciated!

I went ahead and powered up my computer, interface, DAW (Ableton) and Virus as usual, but as you said with the MIDI cables disconnected. The noise is still there. Here is a link I just uploaded of the sound itself. This is a very small wav file, the high pitched sound looks to be hitting around -33db after I boosted the gain about 10 db. I just wanted to make sure that you are able to hear it, normally this sound is hitting around -43db with my Virus Master Volume around 6-7 on the dial and the gain at 0 in my DAW.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3324703/VirusB_-33dbNoise.wav

Once again, thank you very much for your time and assistance.

Drew
    Richard Sweat

Hello,

I have an Access Virus B desktop module that I absolutely love! Recently though I have a low volume but high pitched ringing sound coming out of my speakers when this is activated inside of Ableton Live. This noise was not happening a few weeks ago. I also have another hardware synth that does not get this sound coming from it. So I definitely know that it is indeed coming from the Virus.

I have tried various audio cables and have restarted the device numerous times to see if that would be the remedy, but to no avail. Any idea's on how I can fix this? I really love to use my Virus on an almost daily basis so this is pretty major to have such an annoying sound coming through. Which stays even after rendering from midi to audio. The audio cable is going into the Mono R port.

I also have noticed that the AC adapter port seems to be a bit buggy, if the AC cord is moved a bit, the device will restart.

Please give me some feedback on how to fix if you can.

Thank you very much,

Drew
    aka Richard Sweat