Beiträge von shanesterling

After 10 years I finally gave up and sold my Virus TI, sadly! It worked fine as a stand alone synth sometimes, even then it was unstable, but try to record it or sequence it with USB especially and nothing but a headache. Ultimately I could take no more, never did see light at the end of the tunnel with 10 years of OS updates. I'll never forget the first time I turned it on it crashed within seconds and output the most horrific screeching tone at max volume until I pulled the plug on it. It was an omen at that moment of the years to come. I'm really disappointed that the Virus had to go. In fact, I sold mine a couple weeks ago and am still on the forum hoping there are some signs of stability with the new OS that would entice me into repurchasing it. But alas it's the same ol same ol. I feel sorry for all the unsuspecting noobs who think they're gonna get a useful multitimbral synth when they spend $3000. What they're really going to get is a series of technical nightmares one after the other that never stop and ultimately make writing music a stressful experience.

I'm not sure if it's the fault of Access or users who pretend this synth is acceptable but there is something terribly wrong with the fact that the Virus is still so problematic after all these years. The week I was selling it I recorded one final song just to make sure I wasn't making a mistake, a farewell song you could say, and by the time i was done the track was filled with random pops and clicks. I liked the song so I spent hours meticulously going through the waveforms of the song deleting the artifacts so I could actually post the song on Soundcloud. I think that was the final nail in the coffin. Soft synths sound really really great compared to the stress of the Virus. I guess if you're going to name a synth "VIRUS" you're just asking for it!