Beiträge von easyjoey

Marc,

Thanks, I will give this a try. One question for you... Why does the newest operating system leave the last couple of ROM banks empty? Obviously we can't write to ROM so I was curious why they are empty. Does the newer operating system take up so much memory that there just isn't enough left for patches in those final banks?

Take care.

Joe

Thank you. This is want I have done so far. I download and had to install the older operating system on a separate system because my studio machine had the newest operating system on it and said my virus was up to date. So it wouldn't work on my studio system. Anyway, I was able to install the old operating system on my virus and get the old sounds back. So now I have to figure out how to get the new operating system on the virus but with the old sounds. I am thinking if I backup my sounds on my second machine, instal the new operating system with the studio machine and then try to restore the sounds with the second machine, that might work. This sounds pretty convoluted but at least I have the sounds back.

Thanks

Joe

I was thinking about the factory reset.... It does not restore the sounds. I think your solution is a good one.

One thing that concerns me, all of the operation systems for the ti series just say ti, not ti2. Therefore that leads me to believe they will work for both versions. I figured there would be operating systems for both the ti and the ti2.

Thanks again.

Joe

I recently updated my operating system to the latest from version 3.x.x. Anyway, there were some patches that were factory installed that are no longer there. Does anyone know what I can do to get those old patches back? Some of them were in the ROM Y bank..... Now most of them are Init patches.

Thanks!

Joe

update....

I uninstalled the virus software and then reinstalled it. I no longer am getting the version mismatch error. However, I am back to where I started, as I am just getting the "starting up" window.

I emailed technical support this morning and I will await their reply.

Also, can anyone tell me why within Sonar my softsynth options are Virus TI 32bit and Virus TI snow 32bit when I clearly ran the 64 bit verison virus installer and am running Win7 64 and SOnar 64 bit?

Thanks

Joe

Let me update this a bit....

I re-installed the virus software "installed v45115_x64." Now when I load a soft synth I no longer get the "starting" window but now I am getting a window stating "a version mismtach has been detected" I follow the instructions with no resolution.

I am getting a bit frustrated with this. It really should not be this difficult.

Oddly, when I insert a softsynth my only options are "Virus TI (32 bit) and Virus TI Snow (32 bit). My system is a 64 bit system. The file I loaded above is clearly a 64 bit installation file.

I am running Win 7 - 64 bit with Sonar X1.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Joe

I just bought a Access Virus TI2 polar. I followed the installation instructions for the software and updated the polar to the latest version. Anyway, correct me if I am wrong, the access software that alters the patch parameters runs within a host only correct? My host is Sonar X1. When I load the Access software within Sonar I get a window that says something like "Virus is starting up" or similar. Anyway, it just sits there and does nothing else. I notice on the physical display on the virus that it appears an icon indicates data is being transfered. In addition, the virus keyboard will not trigger notes during this time.

Can anyone help me? I really don't see myself using this software to do much other than edit patches, save patches etc. Is there something that I am doing wrong?

THanks for your time.

Joe

I currently own a Virus B and and thinking of picking up a TI2 polar this week. The polar is beautiful but one thing bothers me and that is (I think) the flashing tempo light on the patch display. I understand the flashing leds for rates etc but having that display flashing will probably irritate me. If that is what I think it is, and I could be wrong, can it be turned off?

Thanks.

Joe