Beiträge von BigDutch

Hi,

Yes, the TI is still relavant in 2023 even though I bought my desktop in 2010!

This year I decided to take mine apart to inspect the insides and changed the internal battery as part of the maintenance.

Glad to report no there where no problems with the main board even after 13 years due to its very good build quality.

I also put a little dessicant bag in the unit which stops things from potentially rusting (I do that with all my synths).

The only things I worry about are when the 56000 series DSP chips run out (they have been discontinued) and no more Virus units can be purchased (apart from used). Hopefully, NXP (DSP manufacturer) can produce an equivalent or hopefully a much better solution that Access could use for a new TI3 (hopefully with a slightly bigger display panel).

I use an M1 Max (Sonoma) and a Win10 laptop and have no problems with TI really on the PC. I may purchase Aura in the near future.

There are some great soundbanks (both free and commercial) out there which will keep things relevent from this machine for a long time yet. Couple this with the great support and expertise from some learned members of this forum and its a done-decision to get a Ti in 2023!

Hi

After having a few problems getting the virus plugin to work with Sonar X1(d) (mainly due to my Creative X-Fi Titanium card not supporting the ASIO buffer size) I tried the ASIO4all driver with success.

=================================================================================================
    Note: for everyone with an X-Fi Titanium

It turned out that having the X-Fi in the 'Entertainment' or 'Game' modes meant the Virus ASIO driver would be greyed out.
    I then found out the way to enable the Virus ASIO Driver in Sonar was to set the card to 'Audio Creation' mode then all was fine.
    ==================================================================================================

Now I was in Sonar using the Virus ASIO driver and everything was fine (USB MIDI, Audio and Latency).
    Reading all the USB problems (Macs and PC's) I struggled to find why so many people are having problems although I can't speak for the Mac fraternity.

Then today the nightmare began when I fired up Sonar.

First the plugin failed to load in Sonar saying 'communication error' and it would drop out of Windows USB recognition and become an 'unknown device' with a big yellow exclamation on it.
    Then I would have to power cycle & reset the Virus, reboot the PC (whilst removing all USB/power leads etc) and it would do it all over again as soon as I started Sonar - aaaahhhh !! 'a 2 week old virus is going back to the shop' thoughts were occurring.

The clue lay in when I tried to update the Virus using the 'Control Center' application - it would get some way then freeze and the Virus would be left in an unfinished state.

You know what I am going to say from the title of the thread - now with my PC it was tricky to find a USB 2.0 port, I only have two of them on the front (all the rear ones are USB 3.0).
    My PC is a reasonble spec (by my standards!) i7/8Gb/ASUS ROG Maximus board, Win 7 (x64) etc etc so I knew it could not be a performance issue and besides it worked when I first got it.

The problems disappeared when I unplugged the USB 3.0 connector from the back and then plugged it in at the front (USB 2.0) which is what I probably (randomly) used when I first connected it but had forgotten.

The moral is, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise, is that USB 3.0 may be stated to be completely compatible with USB 2.0 (which it normally is as I have everything else I use such as mouse, keyboard printer etc in USB 3.0) but just NOT with the Virus driver (version 4.53.00 with Win 7 x64 at least).The USB 3.0 chipset on my board is mad by Renesas (NEC).

To confirm this theory I tried the Virus with another PC with a motherboard that used the USB 3.0 Renesas chipset and Win 7 (x64) and got the the same results.

I am no expert but I would tentatively advise the Access firmware guys to look at USB 3.0 compatibility in Win 7 (x64) before releasing V5 as there is definitely something amiss there.

Cheers

Hi,

I have a similar problem to a user who was trying to use the Fruity Loops application.

I also have connected a TI2 desktop to a W7x64 PC but with Sonar X1(rev.d) and whenever I started the Virus plugin (32 bit) I got the message "Virus TI has discovered a setup problem. Audio Interface Buffer is too Large. Reduce it to 512". His message was slightly different -"The host is using an odd audio interface buffer size which causes communication problems. Please adjust the buffer size to any of the following sample values instead: 64 128 256 512"

After the message the plugin just showed "Starting" and did connect to the Ti.
    I then forced Sonar to use the 64 bit plugin version. It still comes up with the buffer warning but the plugin actually fired up (after syncing all the banks).
    Like the other user my soundcard is also a Creative X-Fi Titanium and it only allows me to put buffer latency on 1,2,4,5,710,20,40,50,60,80,100 etc.
    I am also having trouble getting it to accept the Virus ASIO I/O driver on the latency dropdown - it always reverts to the Creative ASIO I/O.

Should I bite the bullet and use the ASIO4all driver instead of the X-Fi Titanium ASIO driver?
    Shouldn't this all work out of the box without having to install another driver or have Creative created a donkey??

Kind regards,

Richard