Beiträge von sp33s

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to save to a patch on my TI Desktop, and noticed T and up was completely blank. Since I'd like to keep the factory presets in there as well I was going for bank T. However in the manual it states that I can only save in the RAM, not in ROM (which makes sense, seeing ROM stands for Read Only Memory). What is the use for the ROM banks then? Are these patches I can never overwrite? And if so, what is the use of the blank banks on T and up?

Thanks! :)

Hey flabberbob, thanks for the reply. It's not necessarily that I want to record the sound generated by the Virus synth, I want to record general audio, such as Spotify when sampling music, when I'm using my virus as a soundcard. Indeed it only has the "in" as an available audiosource. So other than splitting my out to the in as well, I was wondering whether I could route it without resorting to cables.

Hey everyone,

I'm wondering how this should be done. With my Realtek card I often used it to record audio from stuff on Spotify and analyze it within either Ableton or Audacity. Now that I've got my Snow as my soundcard I can't seem to find that option. How should I do this without having to resort to cables?

Thanks!

Hey everyone,

Sometimes whenever I use my Virus in Ableton or in a standalone VSTi host, it distorts like crazy. And not in a way that might mistakenly may have a dist FX on it, it really goes apeshit on the -INIT- patch.

This only occurs on USB. Whenever I leave Ableton, and play via MIDI cables it all seems OK. It will only dissapear if I

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i.imgur.com/W0fS9.jpg]

turn it off and on again

Any idea why this is?

PS: Running Win7 x64 here.

OK that wasn't entirely clear. That's why I said multiple times I use USB only. It wasn't completely clear to me as I'm not too familiar with external soundcards and such, but it makes sense now. I just thought it would send its audio to my PC's onboard card, only with better latency. Gotta get some cables then soon :)

One small question on the side. Am I able to play audio from my Snow WITHOUT having to start my DAW and WITHOUT MIDI cables? Preferably starting Virus Control in some sort of stand-alone mode to still have easy access to all patch parameters.

I've got 2 outs, no input on. I've tried all three modes, no success whatsoever. Also tried all "surround output" L+R's.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i.imgur.com/1p7x2.png]

No luck :(

As for audio out, I only have USB and the power plug in the back. Seeing Windows is receiving audio feedback (meters moving) I assumed no audio out cable was required because it's functioning as a soundcard. Is an audio out cable required?

By the way flabberbob thanks for your time and effort to help me out here. I really appreciate it a lot.

Make sure to check all possible places along the signal path - any fader set too low? any plug not connected well?

Yeah but what am I supposed to do if the meters are moving? What else can I possibly change to have some audible feedback? And which plugs by the way, I am ONLY using USB. And USB doesn't work when it's in half way. Or am I not supposed to only use USB?

Hey everyone,

I'm fairly new to the Virus, bought my Virus Snow a few days ago. But I'm a technical person, so I'm quite capable of handling some technical info ;)

Anyways, everything is working fine. However, with my Virus USB ASIO Driver selected as an audio device I'm not hearing a damn thing (I do hear audio via ASIO4all selected however). I had the same thing going on at my work PC, so I believe I'm overlooking something incredibly stupid here. However I've been Googling for an hour or so and cannot find a solution, and rarely seem to find a similar topic (only one on infekted.org, without a reply).

In Ableton I can see the meters moving, so there is actually audio being transfered. Even in Windows when I select it as my default audio device, and play music through it the meter in the Playback Devices (under the speaker icon) moves.

Specs:
    Win7 x64
    Access Virus Snow via USB only
    Ableton 8.2

Thank you :)