Beiträge von eugenebalt

Problem Solved - was not related to the TI.

Big problem here, please help:

Occasionally when I save a FL 10 project file, the Virus TI seems to corrupt it, and upon any later attempts to open this file, FL hangs. Also, when I try to open the previous version of my project (the previous file), that one gets corrupted also. FL hangs on opening these projects.

I've tried rebooting my PC and restarting the Virus via holding Arp Edit for 10 seconds before plugging the power back in. Also tried unplugging USB. It's not working.

Has anyone else experienced the same thing, where FL hangs on a particular project with the Virus? I can't be 100% certain that it's the Virus causing the freeze, there are some VSTs in my project, but I'm 99% sure, because I'd never had this before... It seems that Virus TI Load step completes, and all the other stuff completes, but then at the very last moment, something hangs, and the "Loading..." window goes blank...

Thanks

I'm using FL 10 too, it's working for me.

1) First ensure you have this setup under 'Processing' for the Virus TI Channel: note the --, 1, 2.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i50.tinypic.com/igkp34.jpg]

2) Now, your FX channels 1,2,3 should correspond to USB1L+R, USB2L+R, and USB3L+R.

This is also demonstrated in the FL Tutorial project. Just try it: route any MIDI-Out channel from the Virus to USB3 L+R, and you'll see that FX # 3 lights up. Same with FX #1 and #2.

PROBLEM SOLVED

One of the FX VSTs used in my project (Izotope Trash) had to have the following settings switched on:
    "Use Fixed Size Buffers" (under 'Processing')

Once this was turned on on the FX VST, the Virus started playing again, too. I only found out about this because the FX plugin was giving me the same kind of noise, so I googled on the web and found this:

The Fruity Loops window housing the plug-in interface should offer two menu buttons in the upper-left corner, and the lower of the two buttons should have an option to "Use fixed size buffers." Please try enabling this option.

After I tried it, the plugin started working, but the Virus started working as well. No idea why the Virus wasn't working at all, even in an empty project without this FX, though!

Thanks for the help in this thread.

Several new data points:

1) Virus TI plays fine out of the headphones (directly); there is NO crackling with Virus-ASIO and headphones.

2) I also verified that exactly the same full distortion is happening in Ableton, the symptoms are the same between Ableton and FL Studio, meaning it's not DAW-specific.

3) There can't be any USB-Bandwidth problems. I removed all USB devices, and right now the Virus TI is the only device on this hub:

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i45.tinypic.com/rtf8n7.jpg]

Neither the TI-OS 4.5.3 update nor my SoundCard update (M-Audio Delta 2496) has helped. Severe crackling continues. Everything was perfect less than 24 hrs ago.

Nothing in my USB configuration has changed: only one USB device is attached, as shown in "Devices and Printers," and that is the Virus TI.

I've tried changing the Buffer Size to smaller values but nothing changes, and again, 512 was perfect before.

Re-Installed Virus 4.5.3 OS 64-bit Win7 installer - didn't help at all

re-installed my soundcard M-Audio Delta 2496 drivers - also didn't help at all, severe crackling again

I'm using the same USB port, which was working great before. Same soundcard setting M-Audio ASIO BufferSize = 512, but now I'm getting 1100 - 2000 underruns.

Under Power Settings, USB Selective Suspend = Disabled, as it should be.

To be honest I don't remember how I got rid of the crackles a few weeks ago when I was doing my initial setup, they just kinda went away. IIRC, crackling has to do with USB bandwidth? But I haven't changed/modified any USB devices, everything is exactly the same.

What do I need to do? Please help, this is very urgent.

EDIT: Also, I've just installed Intel Chipset: Dell Studio XPS 8000 Motherboard X231R from Dell's site. No change either. Same thing.

If it's any help, the Tutorial project is 50-60% distorted, and my own more advanced project based off the Tutorial (but with more sounds/samples) is 100% distorted. Also, when playing any note on the keyboard in Local mode, the sound is completely distorted. I've uploaded samples with what it sounds like in the other thread.

Sorry, I originally posted in the wrong forum.

My Virus was working great and all of a sudden, when I was doing some editing work, something happened and now all the parts produce crackle and no sound. I've tried rebooting, re-plugging in with the Arp Edit held down, even opening the Tutorial project again and resetting Buffer Size, but nothing works.

My original Buffer Size = 512 and there were no problems with it, so I doubt it's that.

My Input setting was always "M-Audio Delta ASIO" (with buffer = 512), that ASIO was always working. I may have accidentally screwed up my ASIO or something? I was working with external distortion effects when it happened.

There are no new USB devices or anything, it all happened within a matter of minutes.

1) I'm on the latest public OS, 4.5.3, no changes 2) The keyboard itself works fine, I hear the sounds from it. If you want I can upload the crackle noise that I'm hearing on all patches through my DAW.

Thanks for any help!!

Everything was working fine when suddenly, upon abnormal exit/reboot, the Virus stopped working.

Now, all parts are crackling, there is no sound anywhere. The keyboard produces the sounds fine.

Nothing changed in my soundcard settings or DAW settings. As before, Buffer Size = 512, this was working great. I tried holding Arp Edit and re-plugging in the Virus, as well as rebooting the system entirely, and it's still happening! Any ideas?

Guys sorry but I'm still not clear how to record a simple pitch-bend. In my DAW the Pitch control affects the whole project. I need to record a simple pitch-bend of a note which is essential in any genre e.g. Dubstep, Dutch House, etc.. Please explain in simple language how to do it with the Virus. Thanks

You've got to be kidding me. That was one of my main reasons for buying the Virus. I needed a way to pitch-bend my notes and specify this pitching in my tracks. What the hell...? I'm not asking for something difficult, I just want to automate the pitch-gliding of certain notes as I want.