Beiträge von eugenebalt

I downloaded the latest 64-bit Installer for Windows 7.

Plugged in the Virus TI Polar (power and USB). The installer prompted me to plug in the USB and I did so when prompted. Then it asked me if I wanted to disable "Selective Suspend" and I said no, since it was going to modify my system for that.

Anyway, Windows rebooted, and I got this message: "No Virus TI found"

Also, in my DAW, when adding the VST, the Diagnostic message is: "No Virus TI found". I tried unplugging/plugging back the USB and power supply, but it's not working.

The System Tray in Windows is saying there are no drivers found for the USB device. What's going on?

AtonyB, what do you mean when you say " I usually use 10ms latency (i.e. 480 samples),"
    Is that a configurable setting in FL? or in the TI?
    Regarding recording, I usually render my entire playlist in FL to my final song. I never record individual samples that can be dropped into the playlist later. My playlist contains my entire composition, and I don't bounce any individual tracks, I bounce the final complete MP3.
    My plan is to hook it up via USB. That's it, no MIDI and nothing fancy. Thanks

As I wrote, I will not be using the keyboard version. My main motivation for the Virus is to connect the desktop unit to my FL Studio and control the notes from FL Studio's Piano Roll. Do I need the Live mode for that?

My intent is to add the Virus channel similar to any other channel, and have it play back in my playlist. I certainly don't want to record any sequence just so I'm able to insert it as a sample, I want the Virus channel to play back normally like any other channel.

My system is Core i7 16 GB RAM, M-Audio Delta 2496, Windows 7. I will be getting the TI2 with the latest OS (5.x). Will I have any uncorrectable latency issues?

When I think "total integration," I think total integration, i.e., I plug it in and don't worry about it. What I've seen about Virus is a lot of praise, followed by a lot of frustration, because the users can't get something as simple as synced playback to happen naturally. Thanks for any advice, I'm debating whether to get the Virus so it's good for my needs.

P.S.: Can I get around the latency by using MIDI In/Out rather than USB?

Apologies if this has been discussed before. I did some searches and it looks like FL Studio users have been having some Latency problems with the Virus TI. They change their buffer settings as suggested, and still report issues.

I am a FL Studio user and my soundcard is M-Audio Delta.

1) Will I experience latency problems when I connect a Virus TI2 via USB and start playing it FL Studio?

2) Just to clarify, if I get the Desktop (not keyboard) version, and I only use my FL Piano Roll to draw notes, will I still experience Latency, or does this only happen when playing from the Virus keyboard?

Thanks in advance

...and to add to my previous question, Does the TI2 already come with a good selection of Trance/Dance presets (Supersaws, etc.)? I am a Trance/Dance artist and I need as many tranceleads and saws as possible. Thanks

Is there an official repository or central place where Virus TI patches/banks are offered, either free or for sale?

What kinds of patches/presets for Virus TI are available? I did a google search and, surprisingly, didn't find a lot.

I am aware of Manuel Schleis' Virus presets. I am looking for more like those: Trance/Club/Dance patches, with good supersaws and trance leads. Thanks