Beiträge von mcintalker

Thanks flabberbob. I understand the difference, as a concept. I didn't realize that the ROM could be user controlled (haven't owned a synth that allowed that before!) or changed. I have downloaded several banks of presets, though I have not created a Virus library yet. That is what I want to know about. My library drive is an external usb3 unit. Can I simply extract the banks to a Virus folder there and tell the VCC where to look ?

This is my question. What to do -how to go about getting the banks of presets accessible. Now I need to understand the practical uses of the RAM vs the ROM storage, also.

I will be using my Ti2 in my studio on my own songs and instrumentals. I have no plans at this point to take it out to do live gigs, though I suppose that could change. I am guessing that using ROM is safer and more convenient (if slower to set up), even in a studio setting.

Thanks Michael

I am new to the Ti2 and just updated to version 5.03. yesterday. How do I install the downloadable patches from the Access site? Are you saying that I do that from Virus Control? What do you mean "flash" the ROM banks? I want to understand the distinction between Ti2's RAM and ROM.

I tried to download the video installer and yet I cannot open it and get the message that it is empty and I need to load (videos) it first.

Is there a video on either of these that I can watch?

Thanks Michael