Beiträge von twolegs

Since I updated Ableton Live to 10.0.5, I've been having random issues with crashes. I initially thought it was caused by a plugin. but looking into the debug dump from Ableton, it appears it's the Virus Control.dll that's the cause of this. The error-message is:

In Live_10.0.5_2018-10-18_8aeadb1597_2019_02_01__17_01_09.dmp the assembly instruction at Virus_Control!VSTPluginMainPocketRocket+81e4 in C:\Program Files\Access Music\Virus TI\Common\Virus Control.dll from Kemper GmbH has caused an access violation exception (0xC0000005) when trying to read from memory location 0x8382a000 on thread 0

??

I've just upgraded to Windows 10 (64 bit). I installed the beta 5.1.1 driver and at first glance everything seemed to work fine with Cubase 8.5.10 (also 64 bit), but when trying to load projects made prior to the upgrade, the project will crash when trying to load the TI plugin... as I've set up the Virus TI as a default part of my project-template for the last couple of years - NONE of my projects will load... I tried to revert back to 5.0.8, but that didn't help... Is a new beta imminent or do I really have to revert back to Win7???? =O

Experiencing that aswell with my TI Polar - although it doesn't take 10 hours to get fired up. Usually it takes about 10 minutes before the Virus display starts to flash and boot up. But during the first 10 minutes there's absolutely no sign of life - no lights - no nothing. And it's been like this since I got it actually (2 years).

Downloaded the OS5.0 beta installer for Windows 64 bit.
    FSecure identifies the virus Gen:Heur:Loregun.1 in VirusUpdater.dll.

I am able to update my Virus TI Polar, but I am unable to open up Cubase, as FSecure blocks the VirusUpdater.dll and initiates a clean-up of the mentioned virus.

OS is Windows Vista 64 bit.