Beiträge von nuclear

hello, what im trying to achieve is layering effects to virus ti channels so that each effect affects only its target channel and not the entire instrument, the only conventional method i know for loading virus on ableton is adding the vst and then adding a midi track assigned to each channel, in ableton layering an effect on a midi channel takes no effect, is this achieveable? thanks

Hey, while running a project involved virus ti 2 with more than 1 channel out of the 16 in action i get a lagging audio and both channels get sometimes out of sync with eachother, this doesnt happen when using only one channel, i also noticed the bar on the virus display reached the top, should it be like that? using the virus ti as the soundcard is impossible with running more than 2 complex sounds?

FIGURED IT OUT! i bet you all would experience my problem if you would just try my moves, starting a new project and loading virus ti into it, it must be the INIT patch that is loaded first, play a note and then increase from no unison to 3 unisons > no drastic change to the sound!! now just load another patch, play a few notes with it and then switch back to an init patch!, now you would notice that right after switching from another patch, adding 3 unisons to init patch sound completely full stereo and high quality as opposed to loading init first! please try it and tell me if you have the same issue! anyway theres definitely a bug somewhere but i solved it! :D

Does it matter if you are playing from the keyboard or running notes you have drawn on a MIDI editor? What I am aiming for is that maybe you have "local control" enabled in the config menu on the LCD screen, and this causes "2 shot" notes whenever the Virus is connected using USB. These duplicate notes sound like some kind of bizzare chorus effect.

tried that and no there is no difference, guess what.. access support sent me the virus tutorial song cubase project file and asked me to play it and see if the problem exists on that project, there were no issues at all, perfect sound the same as on standalone mode! iv been bumping my head over this trying to figure out whats the difference between their project file and a completely default empty cubase project, could find a thing! :( i thought maybe if i just delete all their midi channels and save their project file as default and use it from now on for any project involves virus ti that would somehow solve the headache for me, but then i figured their file lacks automation reading parameters, please help me figure how to make a virus ti on an existing project opened as a vst instrument re-read all automation parameters, just to make it all clear to you, under "vst instruments" there is that channel all midi automation is sent to, clicking on the parameter opens a menu there selecting "more" should show all automation parameters linked to actual controls on the virus hardware, i would like to make that good sounding project access sent me load all the automation parameters, or could anyone offer another solution please
    heres a link to the project file

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1vtf65

nope, not that i havent tried that. this is not a matter of low volume but low quality,dont be wrong this does not apply only to unison i just thought it was best to specifically mention the unison having barely any impact just because that on standalone mode unison has the most significant saturation effect

Im using headphones (audeze lcd-2 through schiit lyr headphone amp through virus ti headphone output) in both standalone and virus control mode
    the issue described is experienced on a totally empty project with no plugins on insert channels and stuff like that, and applies only to when using the virus control, all other vsti i have sound perfect through the virus as a soundcard, as if the usb output sound from the virus to the daw and back is defected.

the filter takes effect, the thing is not that theres no effect, more as if the audio output through the usb is lacking resources. the process of delivering the signal is lagging, this issue is significantly noticeably when adding unison through VC which barely makes any difference to the sound as opposed to standalone state, and also when playing arp presets that are manifested slower similar to as if decreased bpm applies to them :( i have the virus connected to a usb2.0 port directly to the motherboard with nothing else appearing on the same hub through the device manager, all i have connected besides is usb wired keyboard+mouse
    help

Hey, i have already reported that issue to access support but couldnt find anyone around here describing the same symptoms so i was beginning to wonder wether what i have is a hardware fault issue, this has been checked with both versions (4.5.3 and 5.0.0.10), im running windows 7 64bit, while playing my virus ti2 keyboard as a standalone none integrated synth the sound quality is nothing to cry about, amazing. but when using it integrated through the VC interface lets say on Init state when adding the unison i can barely hear any difference as opposed to standalone mode that the unison makes the sound more saturised and alive, anyone around with the same issues? if not what might be the problem

edit: another symptom i found relevant to mention is some patches mainly the arp ones sound slower than on standalone, as if bpm decreased by 30

hey, i have recently aquired 2 soundsets, theyre both .mid files, added them to that dir: Documents\Access Music\Virus TI\Patches, closed my daw a few times even restarted the keyboard to default, still they do not appear when going to "load - > personal libraries".

got rid of the crackles, probably was a fault with the intel extensible usb 3.0 driver, on intel website it says the driver is both 32&64 versions but for some reason every time i tried it installed the 86version to the 86x program files dir so i manipulated the setup replaced the content of the 86x setup files with the 64 ones and no crackles but for some reason even now when connected to one branch of the usb ports the virus still appears with a yellow triangle on it on the device manager and is unusable, even now when this has been solved i tried my luck and thought all issues where over, ran windows driver verifier and computer crashed again when starting cubase pointing to the virususb file, thoughts are that i might have to do the same with the virus ti installation as i did with the usb driver, if i dont hear any opinions soon i might doing it risking in ruinin everything again but might be worth it, im still left with the crashes and low quality VC audio.

following those instructions:
    http://www.techsupportforum.co…-bsod-related-473665.html
    i ran the windows driver verifier, checked all the drivers except the one from microsoft including the virususb.sys file. surprise! system crashed
    minidumps of 3 latest crashes are here:

http://www.sevenforums.com/att…d-windows-7-minidumps.rar

Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION
    file path:
    C:\Windows\system32\drivers\virususb.sys

lets put the latency thing aside, what could be the explanation for that while playing the virus as a standalone i get that extremely quality sound iv got used to, and while using the virus ti integrated to the pc as a soundcard the sound is very low quality ? its as if something is wrong with the VC because while switching to controling the other vsti's i have the sound is perfect, but when switching to the vc the sound quality is unbareable

your comment concludes with the statement that thats something normal and just deal with it or atleast that is how i interpreted it, what could be the cause for the less quality sound and crackling if i use the virus ti as a soundcard, if the virus is described as a fully integrated device i guess that its internal soundcard should be atleast compatible with the rest of the device requirements, any suggestions how to configure everything correctly or what could be the cause ? thanks alot

hey, i recently purchased a virus ti2 full 61keys keyboard edition, using it on cubase i have tested two different sample settings, one 256 which has a noticeable latency, and if i switch to 128 samples i hear noises/cracks, both settings share the same property which is the sound comes out less alive less quality than it sounds if i use the virus as standalone, any suggestions?

hey, i bought my virus ti2 keyboard from from someone who posted is on 2nd hand forum, i didnt take into consideration such a possibility since he states that he had never plugged it to the computer and its overall use time does not reach 1 hour, anyways once entering my serial number i get that msg "
    This serial number has already been registered to another user"
    [align=-webkit-auto]i tried and couldnt get in touch with that person, how do i resolve this situation ? thanks.[/align][align=-webkit-auto]
    [/align]