Beiträge von PascalVB

Just a couple of thoughts:
    - The e-Licenser technology of Steinberg has not been cracked and will probably never be cracked. So there's a way to avoid piracy.
    - I would definitely like a native VSTi/AU plugin. Of course, Access would shoot in their own foot if they made a native version of the Virus TI. But suppose a VSTi version of the Virus B would be available, that would not jeopardize TI sales and would even be something TI owners may purchase, because of the easier workflow, multiple instances, etc. The Virus B still costs somewhere around 350-400 euro on the second hand market, so a Virus B plugin for let's say 200-250 euro would definitely be an interesting product for a lot of people and would generate sales for Access in a big market that they would otherwise have no customers in.
    Just my thoughts though...

The laptop is an Asus N55SF model.
    It has an ASMedia USB 3 chipset.
    I will check tomorrow to see which USB 3 driver version it is using.
    If I connect the Virus TI to the USB 3 port when Windows is running, it get a BSOD again.
    After reboot, if I just leave the Virus TI connected to the USB 3 port it doesn't give a BSOD, but the midi driver does not get loaded. USB and audio do work in this case.
    So installing the Virus TI drivers when connected to the USB 3 port or hotswapping to the USB 3 port after succesful installation of the drivers gives a BSOD. This is perfectly reproducible.

I had the exact same issue, also with a Sandy Bridge ASUS laptop.
    But I managed to solve it.
    In my case it was caused by installing the Virus software and connecting the Virus to a USB3 port when the installer asked for it.
    It seems the Virus MIDI driver does not like USB3. It always crashes giving a BSOD.
    Once crashed upon installation, it leaves the Virus drivers in a corrupt state. Therefore you get all these crazy messages like the driver not being signed etc. This is all bogus, the drivers are just corrupt because of the crash.
    You cannot solve this by reinstalling the Virus software, nor by manually updating the Virus drivers in Device Manager.
    In order to fix this issue do the following, in this exact order:
    - With the Virus connected to a USB port, uninstall the Virus TI Audio, Virus TI Midi and Virus USB devices in Windows Device Manager, thereby also forcing a removal of the driver (do this by ticking the check box in the dialog that appears when uninstalling the device). This is VERY IMPORTANT, otherwise the corrupt drivers will not be removed!

- Detach the Virus from the USB port

- Uninstall the Virus software 4.5.3 using Control Panel

- Reboot

- Do NOT connect the Virus yet

- Reinstall the Virus software 4.5.3. Do NOT connect the Virus, even if the installer asks for it. Just click OK when it asks to connect the Virus.

- Reboot

- Connect the Virus TI to a USB2 port

- The drivers are now all installed correctly with no errors!