Beiträge von SUDRA-MUDRA

Really, this is some important shit! The ARP SHOULD SYNC TO THE BEAT. AUTOMATICALLY.

So we need the OPTION of BEAT SYNC. (Or BEAT QUANTIZE)

with a +/- MicroSecond CALIBRATION, so that the midi transmission vs. audio latencies are all corrected.

My light on the back of my TI is right on the mark. CUMON! :thumbup:

I write some crazy microtonal stuff, moslty persian/arabic tunes and weird gamelan solos, and the VIRUS SOUNDS ARE SO FAB, SO WHY NOT ADD PROGRAMMABLE USER SCALES, +/-100 cents or whatever you decide. It would be nice to have some presets (Pythagorean, ..arabic, , etc....then about 10 user programmable presets). Check out Korg Triton if you can.

Is this possible given the Virus' Hardware configurations? Thankyou Team. The arabic/persian/turkish/greek/microtuning freak crowd awaits you! ^^^^^^

If the light on the back of my Ti can do it, why can't the arpeggiator do it ???, G'dammit!

Most VST arpeggiators lock to the beginning of the measure (bar, downbeat, whenever the DAW midi start signal is sent.)

For example, in Ableton Live, I press PLAY, and the light on the back of the Virus flashes in perfect sync with the downbeat. NICE!!! :P

It would be nice, oh so nice, (IT SHOULD BE STANDARD guys) to have the ARPEGGIATOR START TIME LOCK WITH THE DOWNBEAT.

In other words, if I was playing live, and I play a note slightly ahead of the beat, the Virus SHOULD CORRECT THIS and play the first note of the arp sequence right on the downbeat.

To get even more complex, let's say you play the first note just after the beat, by mistake, Virus arp could "Catch up" to the second note in the sequence and play it in perfect sync with the downbeats.
    My Korg Triton has a smart arpeggiator that does just this.

Can we do this simple thing? 8)

I assume you have Virus Control running as an AU effect inserted on a MIDI channel in Logic, RIGHT??

You can record Virus Control Audio in Logic by hooking up a bus. There are 2 ways to hook up a bus: by setting up CHANNEL OUT to new BUS# or SEND to new BUS#. I use channel out to bus, so that you don't hear your audio on the original virus channel, which should be turned pretty high for a healthy digital signal. Rather, I hear my audio from a new record channel (see instructions below), with the audio level on this new channel set to a comfortable level, it doesn't affect the record level. You have to play the synth in real time, or have a midi track playing in real time, and record the audio in real time.

1. send the VIRUS channel audio to a NEW BUS channel (either direct in channel outputs box, or on a send knob box with knob turned all the way up) Right click in the AUDIO OUTPUT box, and enter, say Bus 10. The channel volume should be UP pretty high, to give a healthy signal. THIS IS YOUR RECORD LEVEL. But not your record channel.

2. disabling the output to master in the NEW bus channel. Go to the far right of the mixer to find the AUX channels with input box that says BUS 10. Turn the audio output box from MASTER to SEND ONLY or OFF.

3. Set up a NEW AUDIO channel next to your Virus MIDI channel, with inputs set to BUS 10 (..or whatever bus number you chose in step 1). Turn Record ON. After setting up this channel, click on the Virus Channel again to make it your main focus, this enables the VST synth, the VIRUS, and always keep this track enabled (or return to this mode) until you have finished recording. Output box should say MASTER, and set your level comfortably. THIS IS NOT THE RECORD LEVEL, but it is the record channel.

4. Assuming you have already recorded a MIDI sequence in the Virus channel, or want to record BOTH audio and midi LIVE, or record just LIVE AUDIO, it's OK. You are ready to go.

5. Record in real time on your new channel.

6. It's better to disable any effects or EQ on the Virus Channel, and put them on the new record channel. They will not be recorded, thus allowing you to have more mixing power later. :rolleyes:

Are we having an issue with audio being routed through the USB, or some complicated DINOSAUR PROGRAM that tries to take care of everything, but HOGS THE BANDWIDTH, no matter what simple patch or controller is playing?

We really do need a simple TEMPORARY SOLUTION. We need to be able to turn the USB-audio transmission engine off. This would ease up the USB bandwidth.

So we need the option for USB VST-MIDI control ONLY, & HARDWARE AUDIO OUTS like my NORD G2. Would be nice to send a kick or rather... MIDI-BAR-START PULSES from the DAW Sequencer to run SIDE-CHAIN COMP in VIRUS TI hardware (better).

Maybe ACCESS needs to make the bitch firewire..!!!??? :love:

Hey Guys, I am having severe problems with VIRUS CONTROL FREEZING in Ableton Live, after about 10 minutes of sharing USB with AKAI APC40.

I have the TI-1 Keyboard version
    Laptop: MACBOOKPRO 2.4G 2GRAM
    Soundcard: RME 8i/o firewire soundcard (not using Virus sound card),
    Virus Control USB mode - [No in/2 out] Virus TI keyboard routed thru 1 Ableton midi channel into Virus Control playing only 1 stereo channel.

I have tech. supported numerous times with Access (Jorg), we upgraded everything, ran numerous tests, but to no avail. Jorg just says I need a tower MAC, not a laptop. NO WAY!!!
    The ongoing excuse I keep hearing is that it is not Virus Control's fault, but MY MACBOOK PRO's FAULT !!!, that laptops don't have enough USB-bandwidth to handle complex loads such as this. I have had this problem for 2 years now. The year is 2011, and I am still switching my VIRUS TI off/on to reboot VC every 10 minutes......!!! . Forget my dream of doing live shows with my TI. (That was the idea.)

Is this what $3000 BUYS THESE DAYS???:cursing::cursing::cursing:

So :P I reset a couple of parameters, and everything works now. With APC40 and KP3 all USB'd together.

Most importantly, I set UTILITY/USB Audio Mode (in Virus Control) to: 2 outs/no input. Maybe that lowered the USB bandwidth from former setting of 3 outs/1 input.

Ableton PREFERENCES/Audio Latency to: 512 samples. Sample rate:96 khz/ 32 bit. (Ableton needs hi-res internal processing to sound decent on output.)

Now I wait all day, NO VIRUS CRASH!!!� :D8):thumbup:8o:!:

Did you try to load the VC into SAVIHost ?
    I have been playing Virus TI in Live and Logic for 3 years now with little to no problems. Just got the Akai APC40.

So:
    I have Virus Control loaded into an Ableton MIDI channel, and the APC set up as CONTROL SURFACE.
    (My SETUP: RME low latency sound card (e-bus-card in), I have 2G RAM in 2.4 macbookpro laptop. Latency is 256 samples, audio res is 24bit/48khz.)

My test with Jorg: So I uninstalled,and reinstalled the VC drivers, firmwares, hooked up ONLY the TI to USB , and I played the synth all day, no crash whatsoever.

I then hook-up the APC-40 (via USB), reset "control surface" in live preferences, and then it automatically hooks in to Live. I could reboot live+TI if I wanted, same thing - it works fine!

For only 3-10 minutes. It normally shuts off the connnection between the keyboard and the Virus Control. I play keys, nothing. The sound sustains, caught in the crash, on permanent hold. Virus Control just stays on the screen, looking normal, but it has frozen also. If I restart the Virus ON/OFF on the SYNTH, wait to boot/connect to VC, it loads up 70% of the time, and I'm off for another 3-10 minute session! Sometimes it does NOT hookup, saying VIRUS TI MIDI DRIVER FAILED, or somesuch.

Jorg explains that on laptops the USB only has a certain bandwidth that they can send, the Virus uses most of this, thus conflicting with other USB connected units.

The APC40 has it's own power DC-in, it just receives and transmits MIDI messages over USB.

I do not know too much about the term "bandwidth" in this definition, but it appears that TOWER computers, such as MACBOOK have much greater bandwidth, and can accomodate more high-bandwidth USB devices at the same time.

Hope that answers your questions. :D

Right now I cannot send my LIVE POST-ARPEGGIATOR MIDI-OUT signals to another outboard synth. How upsetting.

I bought the VIRUS TI KEYBOARD as a live arpeggiator controller, and normally ARP MIDI OUT is STANDARD.

(Right now there is a complex routing that only works after the pre-arp part is pre-recorded in DAW and looped back through VIRUS...blah blah.)

Can we please have the choice to send only the POST-ARP MIDI OUT when a key is pressed. :love::love::love:

Thankyou.

I need someone to come up with a solution for my problem.

I have the 2.4G macbookpro, and APC40 running Ableton Live 8.2 . I bought the Virus specifically as a stage synth/MIDI controller to show off at live concerts (& to lower the CPU load on my DAW). I use the APC40, which is hooked up via USB also. Well guess what..??

VIRUS CRASHES in a few minutes of booting.

I tech supported with Jorg, and we singled out the APC40 as the culprit in my setup, whoops I mean the VIRUS TI.

No fun my friends, big waste of $5000? (macbookpro + Virus). My dream down the toilet for now. Come on EURO TEAM!

A proprietary user setting - USB SAFE MODE - that minimalizes the usage of USB bandwidth and also only uses one channel of audio out (up to 24bit/48 kHz stereo) , and midi IN/OUT's.

Can we do this? :whistling: