Beiträge von Crossfire

Considering I've already got USB and analog outputs to choose from I've never had a reason to bother setting up and using S/PDIF.

Somone mentioned that it provides the purest and cleanest output from the Virus but surely USB achieves this?

Is there an example of when you might want to use S/PDIF over one of the other two options?

Does anyone know how I can get the noise generator in the Virus to modulate oscillator pitch (semitone)?

In a soft synth I can pull up osc1 with a noise waveform (without getting sent to filter or amp) and send this through a mod matrix to control osc2 semi.

But how to do this in the Virus?

Maybe there's a noise wavetable to achieve a similar result?

Can you record automation of controls in the Unison section of Virus Control like Detune and PanSpread?

In Ableton Live 7 you need to manually add a dial in Virus Control to the control chooser drop down box in Live before you can pull it up as an automation lane. This is done by right clicking on the dial in Virus Control. However, the "Add ... to Automation" box simply doesn't appear when you right click on anything relating to Unison and a few other controls throughout Virus Control for that matter.

So, can it be done? Maybe a way of routing it through the Mod Matrix?

Does this same process still apply in Live 8?