Beiträge von alexmshore

Hi there,

Just installed the latest update that was issues earlier, everything was successfully installed and updated according to the installer. Tried opening up Virus Control Centre and receive the following message...

Component Mismatch
    The installed drivers do not match the version required by the Virus Control Centre. Please reinstall the Virus TI Software Suite and contact Access support should the problem persist.

Any help? Thanks

Hi there,

I've have just been switching through some various multis i use and its seems to be taking a long time to switch between some of them. Most of them are not particularly DSP intense patches however a lot of the are taking a long time to load. Even switching between some init multis and standard single parts is very laggy having to wait between 5-10 seconds.

I have to say so far I have found OS5 to be much more stable, especially when using the VC plugin. But this slow response did not occur on the previous OS4 version with the exact same patches.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I might be able to speed it up? I've tried giving it a reset but its not better. I have a first generation Virus Ti desktop btw.

Thanks

Hi there,

Is there a way I can separate the Virus Ti channels so I can use different plugin effects on each one?

At the minute I have two patches running on my Virus Ti on MIDI channels 1 and 2 in Logic. When I add, lets say an EQ, im only able to add it to the single Virus Ti channel so it effects all the patches and not just a single one. Is there a way to get around this or do I have to bounce the track out onto an audio file to add these effects?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have disconnected everything from the back of my iMac apart from the Virus Ti (even disconnected USB keyboard). I then everything up, put the Virus plugin on a channel in logic and now get the following error message...

"A device called 'BRCM2046 Hub' sharing the same USB root hub with the Virus Ti has been detected. This is a potential problem ad might cause sync errors and audible artefacts when using Total Integration. Try to solve this problem by using another USB port instead.

(Root hubs are usually inside your computer and therefore cannot be recognised easily as hubs. Trying out other USB ports for the Virus TI might solve the problem. By changing the USB layout and hitting the Rescan button you can evaluate if the problem persists."

I have tried all 4 ports on the back of my iMac.
    Here is some more info on my setup if its any help.

iMac 2009 i5 2.6Ghz
    12GB Ram
    Virus TI software & firmware is the latest stable version (4.5.3? cant remember the exact number)

After a quick google I read the the BRCM2046 Hub is something to do with the bluetooth. The only bluetooth device I am using the an Apple Magic Mouse, my keyboard is the USB version.

So yes I would say this is definitely some sort of USB problem, or audio sync issue. Any ideas?

Thanks again :)

Hi,

I have noticed that my Virus Ti desktop has been making odd clicking sounds and am wondering if anyone could help me solve this?

The actually unit is fine, its only when I have it running with the VC plugin in logic when it starts to click? I was wondering wether it was something to do with the clock sync but was sure I read somewhere that if your using the VC plugin that syncs it up for you.

My setup is pretty simple and is as follows...
    The Virus is set as the I/O
    Midi keyboard going into the Virus MIDI in
    Virus Connected to computer via USB
    Running Logic 9.1.6
    Mac OSX Lion 10.7.4
    I/O Buffer: 128

Here is a video I have also uploaded to give an audio example of the problem. This is just using the filter on the INIT patch, however it also does it on all the other patches I've tried so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bakl-dZ6AkI

Edit: From what I can tell it always seems to happen around 64 as the cutoff value. And also when tweaking other parameters

Thank for your help!